Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning about new rules for all duck hunters wanting to hunt Dagmar you can't launch a boat till 4 am. I got a nice ticket opening day and I don't agree with the rule but it cost me points on my license. So everybody be ready for traffic jam when season comes back in trying to launch boats .

·
Registered
443 Posts
Straight off the AGFC website: http://www.agfc.com/hunting/Pages/wmaDetails.aspx?show=575

No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 28.

Exception 1 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 5, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 6.
Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- Robe Bayou Access from the WMA northern boundary to the low-water crossing at I-40
- Gator Pond to include only the open water pond area.
- Bayou DeView designated water trail.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I think they need to be consistent across the WMAs for stuff like this. Launching a boat is clearly not leaving early and a completely asinine reason for giving a ticket.

I will say that people talk about green jeans at Bayou Meto a lot, I can't tell you of a time where I've been to dagmar and not been checked. I've had them pull me over out there and go through my truck looking for violations. They stack up at the end of the road and just wait on you to leave. Which is fine, but if I don't appear to be doing anything wrong, it's a little frustrating to have to worry about them looking until they find something.

Got a warning one year because I didn't sign across the face of both stamps, rookie mistake on my part but the warden was nice and gave me a warning. He was wearing a button up Hawaiian style shirt standing in the middle of the road on the way out..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I think the rule is stupid can't even launch and stay parked at boat ramp, rules should be the same as everywhere else. Also dagmar is not set up for that many boats launching at the same time just means people will sleep at boat ramp instead of the food plots

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.