Da' Big Dog Blogs,Barks & Bites

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Da' Big Dog, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Psalm 34:6
    "THIS poor man called,and the LORD heard him;he saved him from all his troubles"

This is the first bite for the new blog..WOFF WOFF...hahaha....Well, the turkey season has opened here in Texas and I found myself taking the kids out for a day with Thomas the Train...lol....took them out for some bass fishing Sunday after church service......my co-workers have left for OK to for the week to chase gobblers:banghead:....folks down in LA are dropping thunder chickens left and rite..:mad: as for me,some genius decided to alter my weekends off...:head:.......crappie are starting to spawn and still hadn't got out there on them good.....what can you do...:shrug:.......got tons of work to do at the camp....still trying to buy my own slice of land....:thumb:...........

2. Good Friday 2011.........

Psalm 41:4 " I said,Lord,be merciful upon me"

went out yesterday and caught a few slabs for our Good Friday fish fry!!!!!! didn't take any pics.....I was thought I might drop my camera in the water....:smack:

3. ticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Memroial Day, me and two of my lease mates went and looked at a new strecth of woods we want to lease......looked pretty good to us and we went over to our camp site and boooy what a mess,we got a lot of cleaning up tp do.....took my soon down the hill to shoot some....ran on back to Little Rock...picked up my wife and my other kids to make a 2'oclock showing of Kung Fu Panda 2 at the Rave......well upon dressing for work I found 2 ticks embedded in my skin,1 under my arm and another behind my leg....:mad:....I hate them things.........left my camera in Dallas so got to boost my pic's....

4. man am I behind......

on my weekly workouts to stay fit for deer season
    getting stands and feeders up for the youth hunts
    gathering firewood
    getting soil prepped for food plots
    clean up around the camp
    going to the shooting range
    keeping my 4-wheeler in tip top shape
    scouting out the new leases and public spots
    .....ain't done much of nothing cause I CAN'T stand 100 plus degree weather:mad:
    I will remain on bended knees cause if hell is hotter than Texas,I AIN'T a going................:up:
    well the rest of the WOLF Pack and the Hit Squad is relying on me to get the afore mentioned items done...so it'll all be done by Sept 15......funny how much you can get done when it needs to be done:thumb:.............

“.......with God all things are possible.”
    Matthew 19:26

5. I'm slowly getting things done hope to have pics up soon

6. the boy and me hit Cabela's today to pick up a few items
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    bought a new 3d buck so we can get Dejuan started on his crossbow practice........
    2-a-day workouts began for them today.....I know they will be worn out......pads in the morning and skeleton drills in the evening
    first game is against Allen on August 25.......we'll see how that goes
    my boy tried to goose me into getting him a bow but it didn't work

7. well took my boy out to flag football practice to see if he would understand the difference between playing and practicing before he commits to play......we'll see how that goes.:shrug:...went out Saturday evening to shoot his bow and glass for teal out by the lake..........football,fall fishing and hunting season are all right around the corner........:biggrin:

[​IMG]

1 Thess 5:18
    In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

8. [​IMG]

well best in the area practiced today.....beast got tired on defense

9. Well so far the Wylie Pirates flag team is 2-0 they go for win number 3 after shutting out Rockwall last week.....since my boy joined the team late he hasn't got many snaps but has made the best of them by supplying the team with much needed 4th down stops...........we'll be headed down to the deer camp for some work and target practice.......God be our pilot and we'll be your passengers

10. well the Wylie Pirates took it on the chin last week,losing 30-0 to the Rockwall Texans.........left for the deer camp right after the game and got busy planting and fertilizing.......didn't get to hang all my stands may have to go back next weekend.....didn't take any pics due to all the dust......left my phone in the truck as well......

11. got some food plots done got bout 4 more to finish up and an equal amount of stands to move or put up.....the Wylie Pirates suffered a second defeat last week 7-6 to the Mustangs......coach took the defensive stopper out for a blow.....and the Mustangs managed to take advantge of "da' Beast" being outta the game..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]...needless to say he was UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Winning is not everything,It's the ONLY thing in his book.....if he doesn't get it together at school he'll be sidelined anyways....guess that kinda harsh for a kindergartner....LOL
    I done went and got all my huntin' clothes outta the attic for the annual 1st washing.....come on OCT....not going to make it opening morning for the 1st time in a LOOONG time...my son has a game that morning and my wife and the rest of the clan are heading to Little Rock that Friday night in lew of a family reunion meeting Saturday the 1st....can't let "da Beast" miss a game sooo,once again right after the game we will travel to deer camp for some work and an evening hunt.........the Saints whoppped up on the Bears and the LSU Tigers are ranked in the top 5 of the nations football teams.......all these folks bailing on the Big East and Big 12 is foolish if we would just get with a playoff system all this jockeying for position for football programs would not bust up great basketball conferences.....who knew that Texas A&M leaving the Big 12 for the SEC would have such a ripple effect.....problem I have is that the weaker schools get screwed with somewhat with big boys entering the conference....oh well,whatever.......

12. look at ALL the tags..............got my Arkansas license in the mail today and gotta get my LA and MS license's.......4 states bout 24 tags wooooohooooo.....

13. the Wylie Pirates beat the Texas Cowboys 24-12...."da' Beast" had 2 stops for loses and sat out the entire 4th so the subs could play
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the LSU Tigers are in front the WV Mountaineers 40-21...........

the good Lord allowed me to see yet another year....38 years young......truly blessed so my "peps" took the old man out for dinner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  14. twas a couple days before deer season and we got a house full of folks for no reason.....wife,mother-inlaw and kids are headed to Little Rock Friday morning.....my nephew and a his cousin stopped in to beg a ride....my father who has been here visting is headed back to New Orleans in the morning....I need to wash all my huntin' clothes and get near bout get in the wash room....I have to work friday night and my sister inlaw is going to pick up "da' Beast" friday evening for me....I will pack up some of my stuff and we will head out after his game

15. the opening day jinix has reared it's ugly head to bit me on the but yet again for the 8th strait year in a row.....may not be 8 years but my son will son be 6 years old and it done be riding me since before he was born the jinix is chapping my hide.....ever since 2002 the year of the miracle "thread the needle shot"....I've been shut out on opening day....not to say I've not flung an arrow just np connections....this year would prove the same....we arrived at deer camp about 3pm....found folks doing all sorts of chores around camp...from building stands to an onsite refrigeration man there working on our deep freezer....out job was to seed/fertilze the last few plots.......guys hadn't seen any deer on their morning hunt and we where going to hit the woods after our chore......so me and "da Beast" did 2 food plots about 1/2 acre each and grabbed our bows....well he would just be carrying his as his equipment can't actually kill anything nor can he tag anything for another 2 weeks....at 6pm....we looked for our 2-man stand and it was missing??? ok.......I said maybe a camp member moved or it has been stolen........so no stand for us.....we post up behind a large red oak and I hear what sounds like a really angry mocking bird.....I tell the little man that a deer maybe headed our way......now I'm on the ground....not in a ground blind mind you but hid behind a large oak with a kid asking me if I hear em or if I can see em' every 2 minutes we had been riding the 4-wheeler and planting and had gotten pretty dirty and I guess that made for a great cover scent because at 6:05pm a large doe steps out at 25 yards I draw,let the arrow fly and the doe appears to be hit pretty good,I look around and there are 4 more does standing to our left.........well upon searching for my arrow....I find no blood,no hair and no arrow.....I conclude that it was a clean miss..........and the jinix goes on...ahhhhhhhh:banghead:
    [​IMG]

16. Oh, yeah the Wylie Pirates won on Saturday 20-6 over the Rocwall Longhorns,"da Beast" however had his worst game to date....2 off sides penalties the second led to a score,in which he was benched for the latter half of the game.....also got me a new toy.....[​IMG]....never had one and actually bought for one of my older boys

17. Genesis 27:3......bowhunters creed....

"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison"

boy did we flub on this one but I have vowed to make good.......God in what I have called a jinix has provided the animal for the sacrifice each time the fault lies within me ........No jinix just me boy is that ever sobering......well no more......I'll not accept failure as an option.......:biggrin:

18. "da Beast" turned 6 years old on 10/14....had a party for him at Adventure Landing to with friends,family and his team mates from the Wylie Pirates.......[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hit the woods once this week seen 2 does and a buck all outta bow range
    [​IMG]

got a new beanie......
    [​IMG]

19. we hit the state fair on 10/16....whew they done went waaaay up on their prices

[​IMG]

[​IMG]