Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one found that I’m interested in buying. Always wanted an above average .22lr and love the way this one looks and feels. It has a hooded front sight and an what used to be an adjustable rear sight. The frame piece is there but the guts are missing. It’s probably 75%-85% condition depending on who’s looking at it.

Three questions-

What’s a fair price for it, how hard would it be to get a replacement rear sight, and what model does this sound like? Ultra Lux or Super BRNO? That’s all I can find. I’ll look at it a little closer tomorrow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have one found that I’m interested in buying. Always wanted an above average .22lr and love the way this one looks and feels. It has a hooded front sight and an what used to be an adjustable rear sight. The frame piece is there but the guts are missing. It’s probably 75%-85% condition depending on who’s looking at it.

Three questions-

What’s a fair price for it, how hard would it be to get a replacement rear sight, and what model does this sound like? Ultra Lux or Super BRNO? That’s all I can find. I’ll look at it a little closer tomorrow.
GP is probably right - it is more than likely a training model. The training rifles have a 23.5 or 24.5 in barrel (I can't remember exactly right now) and the super bruno, etc have like a 28.5. The only difference in the training model and the deluxe was a beech vs walnut stock

The accuracy on those little rifles is great. I have a number of them and have free floated the barrels - if you miss a squirrel...it's your fault. The most accurate one I ever had was in 17 HMR. I'm not a great shot but, with that gun, I could aim at the target and fire off a round...the next shot, aim at the hole and keep shooting...the hole would just get bigger. Most accurate gun I ever had (sold it because I didn't want another mouth to feed - stuck with my 22 magnum).

As for price, I remember buying them brand new at Midsouth guns and ammo for $199...you don't find prices like that now. They have really went up and I'm not sure what a fair price is today.

Someone probably removed the rear sight when they mounted a scope. When you go to mount a scope on it, they have an 11 mm dovetail (not like a regular 22 grooved receiver). You can use Millet rings (just make sure you keep your gaps even) or CZ rings.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
For $300 you better grab it before someone else that knows that they are looking at buys it first. You will not be disappointed. I have a 527, 452, and 457. If I could find a nice 550 in .30-06 I’d probably sell my BDL model 700 and get it.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For $300 you better grab it before someone else that knows that they are looking at buys it first. You will not be disappointed. I have a 527, 452, and 457. If I could find a nice 550 in .30-06 I’d probably sell my BDL model 700 and get it.
It’s priced at $599 which I thought was high. I knew they didn’t make it anymore and the 457 was around $429. I’m owed a little money and told him to keep it until he had a gun I was interested in and we would just take it off the top. Id like to have the gun, but I don’t know what it’s worth and don’t want to screw myself out of the money that is owed if he has it priced $150 over value if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
33,546 Posts
Not what it costs..What it cost to replace it...
Not to high...Can make a profit....
Their Great Rifle..To high for me to be scratching up carrying in the Woods...
I'd be after a synthetic Stock..just me..

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
$599 for a trainer is crackhead pricing. That might be about right if you were contemplating an American that is a wood lottery winner, or a full stock with nice wood.
All of the 452 models have been bringing a premium lately.
$599 is definitely not out of the ballpark. Especially with Americans and Varmints often fetching $800 or more on auction sites.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.