Cutting hollow trees on WMA’s

Discussion in 'AG&F News and Comments' started by iivydriff, Jan 9, 2018.

1. iivydriff

iivydriff Well-Known Member

Hollow trees are used by all kinds of critters.

2. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    They could at least cut the trees down and donate all the firewood to taxpayers only but firewood smoke is harmful to the environment

3. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

Ever since that hollow tree fell on the kid at Erbie they have been doing this.

4. Onetrakd

Nwa
    I’m just called the campground reopened after that incident

5. Onetrakd

Nwa
    fat fingers

6. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Well-Known Member Supporting Member

When did that happen?

7. Onetrakd

Nwa
    Not sure cur probably knows more than I do but I know they closed the campground like 2 years and it reopened in 2014

8. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

Critical habitat for almost everything that lives in the woods. Pathetic, just what I would expect from them. They should be arrested for destroying habitat.
    They want to make room for trees they can sell.

9. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Sorry to hear about a hollow tree falling on anyone....but how often does something like this really happen? What happens if someone falls in the National Forest on some slippery rocks, & gets critically injured? Do they go in & remove all the slippery rocks? :confused:

10. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Everything is harmful to the environment....except illegal immigration & higher taxes...

Onetrakd likes this.
  11. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

Oh man don’t mention the slippery rock deal. They are liable to go after them too

12. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I saw some USFWS employees over at the ONF the other day power washing moss off of some slab rocks. I wondered what in the world they were doing. I think you've figured it out.

R6mm, Onetrakd and fullcredit like this.
  13. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I asked on facebook

Arkansas Game and Fish Commission , if you are referencing the National Forests you will need to contact the U. S. Forest Service. Or, if you are referencing state-owned wildlife management areas then this is not a practice that we implement. The timber marking and selling guidelines outlines “leave tree” requirements which are very important to a host of Game and non-game species. If you are referencing a specific county, WMA or forest, I can further help direct you.

whetstone likes this.
  14. iivydriff

iivydriff Well-Known Member

I was just rumored it was on the WMA’s

15. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

We used to camp at Rainey Brake alot when I was a kid and the area manager was sitting with us one morning having breakfast and saw a big dead limb in a tree in the campground. He told us to watch out for it and that he was going to TRY to get permission to cut it. He said the he wasn't allowed to cut anything standing without getting permission first and the agency didn't want them cutting dead trees because of the wood peckers.

16. buck720

buck720 Well-Known Member

In this case there won't be a tree left in cuttoff creek