cut off creek

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by clane72286, Dec 30, 2010.

1. clane72286

clane72286 Well-Known Member

Just like every where else it has minimal water but a few guys went this morning and killed there limit of mallards and a few greys and woodrows.

2. FOURCHE CREEK

FOURCHE CREEK Well-Known Member

3. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I deer hunt just down up the road at collins but have never duck hunted Cut-Off. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to go down there and look around and try it but never have. I really should have last year. A friend's son was playing baseball there and he and some classmates were hunting C-O regular and slaying mallards!!!

4. run-n-gun

run-n-gun Well-Known Member

I took off work without pay today and walked in there. It way dry! Thanks a lot! :censored:

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

:smack: Internet scouting:pout:

6. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I too may not find anything but I am going over there tommorrow and look around. I know the water is next to none but can't be much worse than where I am now. What the heck if I don't find any water atleast I will get a workout. Lol. If I do find something maybe I will get to hunt timber one time without fighting for it.

7. Whispering Death

Whispering Death Well-Known Member

I got 3 wood birds a mallard and 2 teal in there today. Had to walk a little but been more worth it than any other public land I've been on this year.

8. shotgun wg

Beats the heck out of laying eyes on 9 birds in 3 hunts and those were too far to do anything with.

9. clane72286

clane72286 Well-Known Member

They said the water they found and killed birds in was browns break ne part of cutoff 2mile walk but mostly dri got 7 this morning

10. shotgun wg

Wonder if a man can get around good nuff in knee boots to check it out or if he needs waders. Knee boots sure would be more comfy on a long stroll.

11. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

:shrug: I might wear a pair of..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................crocks!!!!:up:

12. shotgun wg

Well went to cut-off this afternoon. Walked walked and walked some more. I found 1 spot with water not counting the actual creek. Saw a whopping 8 woodies and jumped 3 deer later on. A pair of knee boots will get u any where u wanna go. Crocks woulda worked but there was 2 spots where the water was in a drain across road about ankel deep. I can say if anyone is killin birds there they found the honey hole. Most of the water control structures are 3 or 4 feet from the top. The rain we got yesterday was not enuff to make mud holes or the road even sticky except a few spots. I guess the only good thing that come out of the nearly 5 hour hike was. A good workout and I have seen the north end of it now.

13. RayRay2144

RayRay2144 Well-Known Member

Don't mind sharin......The big break down on the south end has water. mile and a half walk. Not many mallards using it....but plenty of gadwall.

14. shotgun wg

Kinda figured it had some water but not much. I wish we stll farmed along the south end would make the walk much shorter. Couple hundred yards at most. Is it still a big thicket like it use to be all the way around it. Saw briers by the millions.

15. RayRay2144

RayRay2144 Well-Known Member

Its fairly clear all the way around. bout a foot of water in it...but the mud is horrible to walk around in. asked the farmer just to the south if he minded us parkin on the edge of his land to walk in there. Big Negative.

16. shotgun wg

That is the only response u will get out of the folks that own the propertys surrounding the game reserve. I have known these folks all my life. Farmed the ground for them and the answer is still no 90% of the time. Oh well just part of it I guess lol.

17. FOURCHE CREEK

FOURCHE CREEK Well-Known Member

limited on green :razz::biggrin:

18. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Better tote a 22 if going down there, because the only thing that will be killed in there this year is squirrels. That goes for seven devils as well. Its dry in the south.