Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so bashing can begin for this if you feel the need, im thick skinned i can handle it! Im new to cut off and going to make a maiden voyage this weekend and am curious about a couple things. I asked a little while back if you could walk in and hunt it efficiently and from what i gathered its very do-able. Im not new to hunting public or duck hunting in general so i understand the process. No holes or direction information wanted, but mainly im just curious is there a certain parking lot thats best to park at and whats the time rules on being in there scouting? i HATE going without scouting, especially new land. so im going to be scouting fri afternoon (if i can be in there) and saturday either am or pm if possible because i would like to hunt our rice field thats a couple miles from there saturday morning before i go. But any info would be great! minus hole locations, not trying to internet scout. ill do that with waders, candy bar, water bottle and a gps.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
North end, park on upper east parking area. You can kill birds up in that area (hole not noted) but you will have to walk to get to them. Scout and you will find! You may need more than 1 water bottle and 1 candy bar. That will be one of the better spots that won't be packed. I know some holes "buck brush hole" that are hot spots, but you won't beat any locals to it, it's a spot to be had. But you can do well on the north east end, a place the former AGFC manager frequented from the Mont. office. It's not an easy access, but duck worthy if you do your homework.
Not sure how many birds are still in the area, but that will give you a starting point. My skin is thick as elephant hide, so I don't care. If the ducks are there, there's enough for several people. If they ain't there, they just aren't there.

· Registered
905 Posts
North end, park on upper east parking area. You can kill birds up in that area (hole not noted) but you will have to walk to get to them. Scout and you will find! You may need more than 1 water bottle and 1 candy bar. That will be one of the better spots that won't be packed. I know some holes "buck brush hole" that are hot spots, but you won't beat any locals to it, it's a spot to be had. But you can do well on the north east end, a place the former AGFC manager frequented from the Mont. office. It's not an easy access, but duck worthy if you do your homework.
Not sure how many birds are still in the area, but that will give you a starting point. My skin is thick as elephant hide, so I don't care. If the ducks are there, there's enough for several people. If they ain't there, they just aren't there.
get a map from agfc. they are free and you will learn alot from it, theres alot of ditches and stuff that you will only be able to cross in certain places, and the roads all loop together so its easy to get lost if you dont have a general idea of where your at, and yes, i would also take more that 1 bottle of water and a candy bar... ive been deep enough in that place i wanted to call for a helecopter rescue to keep from walking out...haha

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, ill be honest ive always hunted public. if it werent for family thats all i would have, but ive never scouted somewhere where i couldnt drive with the boat and scout, then walk and scout. all walking scouting is going to be something new to me... really not sure what to expect not having the boat to go back too

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Thanks guys, ill be honest ive always hunted public. if it werent for family thats all i would have, but ive never scouted somewhere where i couldnt drive with the boat and scout, then walk and scout. all walking scouting is going to be something new to me... really not sure what to expect not having the boat to go back too
A long walk and tired legs. U can scout until dark just no guns calls or decoys after 12. Entry time is 4am. A map will help a lot.

· Registered
69 Posts
I'm not trying to be like this, but have you ever thought to check the G&F book for the regs?? What are you going to tell the game warden when he pulls his ticket book out? "Some guy on the forum said I could be in here…" They will write you a ticket quick there.

· Registered
2,241 Posts
I'm not trying to be like this, but have you ever thought to check the G&F book for the regs?? What are you going to tell the game warden when he pulls his ticket book out? "Some guy on the forum said I could be in here…" They will write you a ticket quick there.
Take a .22 or .17 with you. Squirrel season is in. That should be plenty to avoid any ticket while scouting.

· Registered
579 Posts
Guys like you are ruining public duck hunting. It's one thing to give out general areas to park and whatever, but giving out GPS coordinates?? I'll have people all over me this weekend now. Thanks a lot.....
Sorry bud, but since school started back I can't go down there and it has no effect on me. If he can make that marathon march he deserves to get there. I have thick skin too so fire away!

· Registered
173 Posts
Probably the single most assinine statement and post (with coordinates) I have ever seen.........congratulations. You said all we need to know about you with the word "school" and the phrase "It has no affect on me".
Using the word assinine says all I need to know about you. Trying to help a fellow hunter out you have to be a straight joke of a human. Where do you DD.

· Registered
579 Posts
Please post more....hell I might post some too. You aint hurting me one bit. You children can have the playground....just make sure you dont miss math class.....looks like you're pretty fond of numbers there you scholar you.
Ok fine. Last one, me and Doug wore them out pretty good here last weekend. Sure to get your limit, if you can't done blame me! 34°44'54.03"N 92°16'16.90"W

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.