Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been hunting for awhile and I have heard cut down calls and blown them but, correct me if I am wrong, the original Olts were modified out of the box right? Now I know everyone has their own special way of doing "it". What I am asking is how and what do you cut down?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Hahahahahahahaha...... U cut the tone board, u can trim the reed but 98% of the sound is from the tone board!!! Proof is in the puddin!!!
Aw Heck, No Way. That'd take a heckuva pocket knife to whittle on that thing. You're just tryin to pull someboby's leg but it ait't workin on me.
Trust me..... cut the reed in half then split it about 1/3 of the way down the middle:up:

· Registered
449 Posts
In my PROFESSIONAL opinion, you are most definetely WRONG. What should I know though, I only learned from the master himself.
You guys should listen to Stump. He learned his cut from Lester himself!! He's just pullin your leg, Stump knows the right way to cut one. Being that Stump is gettin up there in age I wonder if his and Lester's style cut will go him to the grave. I'm so lucky to have one and know the guy!! If I could only get him to cut me a couple more just to have I'd be a happy camper. I've got 4 unmodified patent olts still in the original box just waiting...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.