Custom Mossberg 500ag build

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Rogerd, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Rogerd

Rogerd Super Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2012

Lol, this is going to be just for fun, I love projects and probably have about 12 going on right now but I thought it would be fun to watch a gun in pieces transform into something beautiful. Now, this gun will more than likely cost me more to build then what it is worth but then again it is just for fun to do a build on the forum.

The gun I am going to transform is a Mossberg 500ag, This gun is not in the greatest condition at all, it is missing pieces, broken pieces, rust, and pitting, AND HAS A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE lol, anyways after long debate i have a TON of shotguns but not very many tacticool ones so that is the direction this gun is headed.

Here are the pictures of the beggining of this build........ its going to be interesting.

[​IMG]

2. Rogerd

Rogerd Super Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2012

first progress in the build,

1. stripped down some finish to get a good look at pitting and remove any rust.
    2. polished up what internal parts are there.
    3. Ordered needed internal parts to get gun functional
    -Trigger housing
    -Safety assembly
    -Few other small parts
    4. Packaged up a coupe things to be Duracoated matte black

polish
    [​IMG]
    Parts getting duracoated (first shipment)
    [​IMG]

3. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

This should be interesting! :biggrin:

4. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Hey, when you get done lmk. I used to have one and loved it. May get this one off ya. :thumb:

5. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Funny I just saw a .50 cal muzzleloader barrel for a mossberg 500 I thought it was cool cabelas shooters catalog has it !!

6. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

I'd like to have that barrel. Maybe the stock too. Could trade you a shorter barrel and synthetic stock.