CT shooting already page 2 news?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Mr. Chitlin, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I was just watching ABC nightly news. Headline stories were the blizzard in the central US, the last weekend of shopping and when you need to ship your gifts for them to arrive on time. Also discussed the fiscal cliff and Oblamer being on vacation and playing golf in Hawaii.

It was over 8 minutes into the news before they mentioned the last 3 funerals were today and the NRA wanting to put armed guards in schools. It was about a 45 second blurb and then on to the other latest and greatest news.

The pro gun side says that the anti's have a 30 to 45 day window before the next big news item comes along and the shooting and gun control is back page news.

Give it another week of hot and heavy fiscal cliff news and the uproar of rising taxes and the gun debate will possibly be pushed to the back table.

Maybe there will be an end to this madness sooner rather than later.

2. 45-70hunter

45-70hunter Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, but we will still have a heck of a fight on our hands.

3. dlfarley

dlfarley Well-Known Member

That's what I've said all along. He wants to get this done while it's fresh on the people's minds. You're exactly right, another week or two and the gun issue starts fading away.....Hopefully. :up: :flag:

4. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    They also had a 'Picture of the Week' of some ***** that works for 'em getting 'married' (*snort*) to some other hanger.

Wife had it on. I snatched the remote out of her still bleeding hand and turned it to some game.

geez.........censorship. HOMOSEXUAL if that is somehow better.

5. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Yeah, I saw the announcement of the gay marriage of "one of our collegues"....Made me wanna puke. :down:

6. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Who's announcing some gays getting married?

7. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    ABC TV Nightly/National News yesterday.

8. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
  9. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

ABC Nightly News. It's one of their fancy boy meteorologists.

10. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

funny thing .... maybe most will see this as second page news now but gun owners?

I don't think we'll forget about the threat for a long time and will vote in elections and support the NRA accordingly

11. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Very true!! I've always been a Pro 2nd voter. Everyone votes on their issues and mine is gun rights.

12. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I refrain from making gay jokes as some of them get kinda anal about that stuff.

13. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    They got what they wanted when they saw the caskets being carried out of the church, They'll get back to the fiscal cliff or some senator will get caught messing around with his boyfriend and they'll be all over that.

14. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    :fit: I kinda think you just did!!!:fit:

15. nontypical

nontypical Well-Known Member

Future leaders of this country and people wonder what's wrong. Put enough of these on front page news and kids think its normal. Makes me sick. What's that on the far left side? Sheman lol

16. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

x2