Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I'm going to bump this to the top because I have the same question. My 8 year old girl has shared the deer stand with me since she was 5. I'm looking to get her a good quality crossbow that actually fits. A lot of the resources I look at point towards the Parker Challenger but quite a few of the reviews say there have been some issues with QC (limb problems). I know they have lifetime warranties but still... would prefer to not have problems. Wicked Ridge is supposedly at a very good price point but I didn't see anything that was anywhere near the compact size of Parker's Challenger. I'd be willing to spend around $400, maybe more, but mainly want something that will fit her ok. She's very small even for an 8 year old.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My son has a Barnett Jackal, it has a fairly shot LOP and is light. He can handle it with ease. He has killed 2 doe with it. He is 8 but small. Good xbow for the money IMO

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I went ahead and bought the Parker challenger. I'm very pleased with it. My petite 8 year old shoots it very well. One of the few bows/guns that actually fits her. She's flinging tight groups at 20 yards. Very excited about her hunting with me this season. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just bought the Parker challenger also. My kids and wife love it!!!!125-150 adjustable pull. @ 150 shoots 300 fps. ADVISE... See archers advantage for it. I bought mine at Macks and it wasn't put together right. Had to take it to archers to get it corrected.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bought the Parker challenger last yr for my son. It's got maybe 100 shots on it and one of the limbs broke on it. That being said they are gonna fix it, but its a pain. Was hoping to take him hunting this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts