Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Friday off, and we're headed to Crooked Creek for a 3 day float. I cant wait.
Has anybody been on Crooked Creek lately? Anybody seen it? Does it look good, or is it flooded?
I was afraid we were gonna wear a hole in the bottom of the canoe dragging last year when we put in at Snow. I'm not worried about it now. I think we're gonna put in at Pyatt. We've never had enough water to put in there before.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sorry just found your thread.....hope you guys had a good time ! What did you catch and what bait did you use ? I haven't seen the creek since last of turkey season and it was rolling pretty good then. Was it up when you went ?

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry just found your thread.....hope you guys had a good time ! What did you catch and what bait did you use ? I haven't seen the creek since last of turkey season and it was rolling pretty good then. Was it up when you went ?
It was moving pretty good. We put in at Pyatt on Friday about 11am, and we took off at the slab on Sat about 2pm. Pretty quick floating! Last year it took us all weekend to float from Snow to the slab!
The fishing was tricky in the high, cold water. I'd say we barley caught enough to keep it interesting. The average size was pretty good though. We couldnt narrow down any particular type of water the fish were in. Caught em mostly on crawdad presentations.
Seem's like the earlier and earlier we go on our smallmouth fishing trips, the less luck we have. When it starts getting hot, I can figure out what kind of water they'll be using. They could hang out anywhere right now.
The canoe got shot against a tree, and we tipped Friday evening. Luckily my brother was in a kayak. He shot downstream and retrieved all our gear. I tried to get my feet under me before I got out of the current - bad idea. I got my knee banged against a rock pretty bad. I got it cleaned off, and just got by limping the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sorry you banged your knee up. Sounds like ya'll had a good time anyways. Creeks down now. We wet a few hooks yesterday. Caught a little channel cat and some perch. Saw some brownies but they weren't biting good. Yea that's perty fast floatin' I'd like to float it before it gets to low. We've went and carried the boat as much as we floated ha ha !! Glad you guys had a good time :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.