Crappie-Top Service

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by jcmays423, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jcmays423

jcmays423 Member

I have been unemployed since Sept 1st and am thinking of sinking about 100 brush/attractors in Greers Ferry and trying to make a little money selling the locations for crappie fishing.

How much would you pay for a good crappie-top spot?
    Any marketing ideas?

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I don't know. Can you do that on public waters? I could see that if it was private. I don't know about all that, just asking. Maybe if you were a guide then maybe.

3. jcmays423

jcmays423 Member

yeah its ok, locals do it all the time after Christmas with discarded live trees

4. Gutshooter

Gutshooter Well-Known Member

Naw, I'll just wait till I see all the boats and fish 'em for free.

5. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Good luck on that most guys want spend money for a spot, but some will pay for a guieded trip. During the crappie season up here I charge 75 bucks an kids free. That's just to pay the gas tackle an stuff I am no guide just take as a donation for the cause.

6. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

7. jcmays423

jcmays423 Member

The key to success would be to have plenty of secret baited spots and monitor holding fish in order to put people on the good fish. Its a given that once a spot is used one would expect the client (or anyone else) to return, thats part of the deal.

8. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Best check in with the Corp-of-Engineers first. You can probably get approval to build brush piles as a volunteer, otherwise you need to go through the government hoops to get a permit. Their office is at the Dam Site near Heber Springs. :thumb:

9. jcmays423

jcmays423 Member

Yeah, I contacted AGFC and they gave me a Corps # to call; will check with them Monday.

10. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

I have fished on Greeson with a guide. It was well worth the money, because he showed me how to fish the lake, and took me to several locations where he had buried crappie condos.

Thats the direction I would go. Become a guide.

11. jcmays423

jcmays423 Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I am considering become a guide as one of the best up here at posting reports passed away last year.

12. tdavis2

tdavis2 Well-Known Member

I have a Lowrance HDS 10 I bet I could find them

Attached Files: