what is your favorite color jiggs to use for crappie?mine are
chartruse
elecric chicken which is pink and green tiny shad
black and red
green and black

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I use umbrella tubes most of the time with 1/8 oz unpainted heads inside. Favorite colors are 1. pink/white
2. chartruse/black
3. then anything(purple,red,green,blue,red) with / chartruse:thumb:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
we have the TV8 Hot Spot Fishing Report every Friday morning. The guy on there said he never left home without a cajun cricket. For bass or crappie fishing. I tried to find one at Wal-Mart and couldn't find one. Anybody ever used one of those?

BTW, if y'all get channell 8 out of Monroe, LA I'll be on the Hot Spot fishing report next Friday. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
I've caught most of my crappie on big lakes off of an 1/16 or 1/8 oz black jig with a black and green tube.

On Indianhead when I fish with my Father-in-Law we catch most of our crappie on 1/8 oz black jig with a green and green tube.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I've caught most of my crappie on big lakes off of an 1/16 or 1/8 oz black jig with a black and green tube.

On Indianhead when I fish with my Father-in-Law we catch most of our crappie on 1/8 oz black jig with a green and green tube.
Man, I've caught a ton of crappie on Indianhead Lake, but probably haven't caught a dozen or so over hand-sized.
It's been 10 year or so, but me and a buddy set out 50 Yo's and caught about 150 in about 7 or 8 hours one night. We ended up keeping 3 crappie and 1 bass that was about 12 inches long. :smack:

·
Registered
84 Posts
:dontknow: :dontknow: It seems every year on Lake Erling the white perch change their minds on what color they prefer. Last year it was pink and white and the year before it was blue and white. It has been hot pink and orange head gold metal flake body with chartreuse tail. Have no idea what they will want this year but plan to find out a week from Monday. Last time I checked my box, I had about 60 different colors, so I'm ready.

·
Registered
608 Posts
For me any color seems to work well, as long as the front half is black and the rear half is chartruse. I have caught crappie shallow, deep, in clear water, in muddy water, and anywhere inbetween. There are days where other colors would probably work as well or slightly better, but I am extremly confident that if a crappie swims in the waters I am fishing, it will bite a black and chartruse jig.
Now chosing between hair, feather, or plastic and the jig weight is a completly different issue.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1/16oz head outside, Mid-South Super Jigs White Body with a chart skirt. If the don't work yellow body white tail.

Anyone ever use PowerBait Crappie Nibbles?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
-Blue-White
-charcruse and black
-and last year even caught some on a smokey grey color

:confused: *****didn't believe in the crappie nipples until I used them once and now have a full bottle everytime I go :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
1/16oz head outside, Mid-South Super Jigs White Body with a chart skirt. If the don't work yellow body white tail.

Anyone ever use PowerBait Crappie Nibbles?
I used some of the Crappie Nibbles last weekend. They worked for a while then nothing. When I first put one on my jib I made one cast and caught a perch. Put another on, made a cast, caught another perch. Done this three times then.......nothing. It didn't matter if I used it or not. Strange.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I've out fished my fishing buddy more than once jig fishing for Crappie. That's when he stopped telling me to put on a Crappie Nibble.:wink: But those Crappie Nibbles sure work good for Bluegills and Redears. We use a Rockhopper (weighted fly) under a cork with a Crappie Nibble . This out catches live crickets for us on bream of all kinds.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts