Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey who would be up for a AH.net crappie fishin tourney of sorts. I say sometime in march. We could either do it on one lake central location one saturday or weekend or do it where ever and post pics like the deer hunting contest. Lets say two man teams, even if we did on the net it would be a one day or weekend contest. It doesn't have to be a contest maybe just everyone try to get together on one lake fish and sit around a fire tellin stories. Everyone add your ideas we can talk about the best idea.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
I second what battman said.
Who cares about a contest as long as we catch enough to eat. :thumb:
Of course if you're counting on me to catch my share then we might want to plan to bring extra hushpuppies and putting extra salt on the fries. :razz:

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,092 Posts
I would be all for it and have it at Greers Ferry. Been living there for 14 years and still haven't fiigured how to catch them rascals out of that deep ,clear water. Maybe if enough people went someone would come up with the right method and show the rest of us how to do it.
Could accidently catch a walleye. Heard that they were mighty fine eating and some claim are better than crappie. I have to try it first before I believe it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never fished greers ferry but it looks nice, But I agree with ace777, lake ouachita sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never fished greers ferry but it looks nice, But I agree with ace777, lake ouachita sounds pretty good to me.
But Richie if we go to ouachita the only way you get to fish your mamma's secret spots is if I am in the boat with you>:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,382 Posts
I don't have a boat but I'd love to go (considering I could get away).

I can supply my own tackle and poles, but would need to mooch boat rides with people.

Sounds like fun though. Maybe I could even talk my Dad-in-Law or some Bros-in-Law to come. We love fishing, but even more than that, love eating crappie!

Ouachita is fairly close to me, but is a nice drive from guys in deep south and north Arkansas.

What about Lake Conway? It's a good crappie lake and is pretty central to everything...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Crappie Contest

Hey who would be up for a AH.net crappie fishin tourney of sorts. I say sometime in march. We could either do it on one lake central location one saturday or weekend or do it where ever and post pics like the deer hunting contest. Lets say two man teams, even if we did on the net it would be a one day or weekend contest. It doesn't have to be a contest maybe just everyone try to get together on one lake fish and sit around a fire tellin stories. Everyone add your ideas we can talk about the best idea.

I say we have a photo contest one weekend in march we have a contest 2 man teams 2 days or 1 day take pic of all the crappie you catch and of your team with the fish and post the pic who ever wins gets to brag all year:biggrin: about how good of a crappie fisherman thay are how dose that sound .:thumb:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I say we have a photo contest one weekend in march we have a contest 2 man teams 2 days or 1 day take pic of all the crappie you catch and of your team with the fish and post the pic who ever wins gets to brag all year:biggrin: about how good of a crappie fisherman thay are how dose that sound .:thumb:
Would have to consider parts of the state have different limits.:wink:

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,401 Posts
Arkie thats a good idea there. We can hold it wherever, I would love to do it at chicote but that would surely cut some of the northern folks out. I like the idea of ouachita myself.

sorry this is bps12 talkin i forgot to log out BG12

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where do you think on ouachita Hwy.27, little fur, twin creeks. Maybe an area that has a good meetin place, the head out to where ever on the lake you want to go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts