Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sunk some brush about 3-4 wks ago in 20ft of water. how long will it take to get crappie on them IF the crappie are gonna get on them?

thanks

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i took concrete blocks and poured concrete in them the stuffed each hole with as much cane is i could. theyre all about 8ft tall and 4 ft diameter with the leaves and limbs still attached. they sunk perfectly straight up and down

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Gutpile, I have had some experience with the "crappie condos" and the crappie will come to them FAST! You should be good to go! these are the best crappie piles you can sink, the only problem with them is they will rot in a year or 2, you just have to drop more every so often. I am surprised Mr. Nimrod himself hasnt added anything on this post yet?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome yall, im gonna try to hit thim friday night and saturday morning hopefully. is a submersible light good to use aver them at night? i have no crappie experience btw.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm gonna build some condos tomorrow. Or at least gather the materials for transport. Ill build them on the bank nearby where I set them.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've been told that bamboo will last 4-5 years... I believe it really depends on the water your fishing... There is some current where I drop mine and they don't last but a year or two.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts