Coyotes tournament in White Co. in Feb

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by TYoutdoors1969, Jan 6, 2011.

1. TYoutdoors1969

TYoutdoors1969 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the possibility of a Coyote tournament based in Searcy with the same kind of set up as Turbyfills in Benton. I have a potential sponsor, but wanted to check for interest. It will be a statewide event with a Saturday afternoon checkin. I want to see if anyone is interested before I go any further. Please let me know and make comments!!!!!

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I might be interested. Whats the details?

3. TYoutdoors1969

The format would be similar to Turbyfills. Two man teams for a $50 entry fee, with a $10 largest bobcat contest. You would have all day on the Saturday we choose for the tournament and would meet in Searcy at the sponsor business at 7pm for weigh-in. Most coyotes wins the yote tournament, if there is a tie top weight will win. Largest bobcat will win the bobcat contest. Prizes will be paid for 1st and 2nd places. That is still in discussion with the sponsor so more info on that to come.

4. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

5. btech29

Does it have to be 2 men? Can you hunt by yourself?

6. TYoutdoors1969

Yes and you could hunt with a women. I wanted to be PC. You can single hunt, but cost is still $50

7. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Sounds like a good time. I have quite a bit of land up in that area that I hunt.

8. BROOKS

BROOKS New Member

Sounds good im in just need to know ruls and reg's and time

9. gbashby

gbashby Well-Known Member

I'm in. Right at my back door!

10. TYoutdoors1969

I have had about 8 comments and over 100 views on this thread. Comin guys let me know what you think...

11. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i think its a great idea if only i werent brand new to yote hunting i'd be in

12. TYoutdoors1969

Dont worry Jsilver there are a lot of us that are new. Some just won't admit it come on out.

13. gbashby

I'm new also just in about a year. Last year at this same time there was a State tournement that was going on and I didn't get in because I was new and had no confidence. Me and a partner that had never been went out on that same morning and had two on the ground by 9 AM. A week later in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette was the picture of the winning:biggrin: team with two yotes and they hunted all day. The prize was 1200.00 and after seeing that I could have kicked myself in the rear. Oh well I want make that mistake again. Hopefully you will be able to join up and drop some dogs! Later. Greg

14. smokin joe

smokin joe Well-Known Member

Would this be a state wide hunt or would you have to hunt in white county?

15. btech29

I want in bad, but its a 3 hour drive to check in. I dont mind the drive but I will lose the last hour 1/2 hunting time just to get there in time. I dont expect them to change just for me, but would a 8pm check be possible?

16. TYoutdoors1969

Statewide with a check in at 7pm in searcy

17. TYoutdoors1969

btech, i am sure we could change to an 8 pm time to give everyone aple time to hunt. What does everyone else think?

18. gbashby

I'm good for any time that will make it better for those having to drive any distance.

19. smokin joe

smokin joe Well-Known Member

x2

20. bow4me

bow4me Well-Known Member

Gambling and huntin sounds fun. Lets hear all the rules.