Coyote

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by luckless, Dec 14, 2010.

1. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

How hard is it to call these things in and kill em? I have got to get rid of some. Can't sleep at night for the dang dogs barking because the coyotes are howlin and carryin on. I have shot a few from a deer stand but never set out to hunt coyotes. Just heard what sounded like a thousand of em a couple hundred yards behind my house a few minutes ago. Driving me nuts!

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Aint real easy, but aint impossible either. If you catch em in the right mood they will run right over the top of ya. Give it a try, its a blast. Dont get frustrated, if they hear you they will eventually come.

3. luckless

Thanks Btech...let me ask you this. I am on nearly 1200 acres. 600 pasture...300 hardwood hillside...300 pine tree farm. Any particular terrain they prefer...a certain place you would start? I can find a deer because I know their lifestyle...but I don't know anything about coyotes though.

4. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I like to try to call them into the open. If you can buy a decoy. The Mojo "critter" is the best and is only around $40. You can buy them online or Ive seen them at Academy. I usually set on the edge and put the decoy out in the open about 40 yards out. Use the same principles you use deer hunting like wind etc. Im not a pro by no means but I do kill a few from time to time. Its a thrill when it works.

5. luckless

Thanks... I will give it a shot.

Also...if any of you coyote hunters are ever in the Beebe area give me a shout and maybe you can show me how its done.

6. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Get with Cjdavis (Chris). He lives there in Beebe....:up:

7. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

I live in beebe do lots of yote hunting give me a shout .we will thin em out!