Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tuesday morning about 5AM behind my house about 75 yards or so the coyotes made one hell of a racket. The dog went nuts my wife got pissed and I got up to look. As they were making the racket it sounded like a neighbors alarm went off. It was like a police car was in my back yard. The next day I check the neighbors and no one has an alarm. It lasted about 10 seconds. I've heard many coyotes over the years but never heard one make a sound like that. Anyone else?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the coyotes were his pets? Over the last 4 nights I have pictures of 4 different ones on my game camera. None that night though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you asking if they were his pets or did you talk to him and found out they were his pets?
Actually yes and I was being sarcastic LOL. The coyotes were making their usual yips and howls and then the siren started. As I said it lasted about 5 to 10 seconds and then everything was quiet. I've spent a lot of time in the woods doing lots of hunting and never heard anything like this before. It was exactly like a police siren but stayed at one pitch the whole time. That's why I thought the commotion set off someone's alarm. Perhaps it was just a coyote making a sound I never heard before after over 50 years of hunting.

·
Registered
26,693 Posts
Actually yes and I was being sarcastic LOL. The coyotes were making their usual yips and howls and then the siren started. As I said it lasted about 5 to 10 seconds and then everything was quiet. I've spent a lot of time in the woods doing lots of hunting and never heard anything like this before. It was exactly like a police siren but stayed at one pitch the whole time. That's why I thought the commotion set off someone's alarm. Perhaps it was just a coyote making a sound I never heard before after over 50 years of hunting.
Hope @tal.h.bronco sees this. Definitely something weird going on, and the fact that the coyotes went completely after the unexplained sound makes it even more suspicious. Definitely sounds like something a squatch would pull.

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
Everything you need to know about this can be found in the bigfoot thread.
You sir are being hunted by a sasquatch.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Do you have women and children at home?

What part of the state?

Have you noticed any missing livestock, pets, or relatives?

Do you have, or do you know someone who has, access to a 50 cal bmg, anti-aircraft weapon, or small tank?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you google the sound and post it here?
I spent an hour on Google looking but didn't find anything definitive. The only thing I can imagine is a sound a coyote made that I never heard before. Another interesting thing is I put both my leather work gloves on the table on the deck after I finished working in the yard yesterday. I noticed that one is missing today. They are fairly new and still have that fresh leather smell. I think something ate it.

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
I spent an hour on Google looking but didn't find anything definitive. The only thing I can imagine is a sound a coyote made that I never heard before. Another interesting thing is I put both my leather work gloves on the table on the deck after I finished working in the yard yesterday. I noticed that one is missing today. They are fairly new and still have that fresh leather smell. I think something ate it.
Were the gloves extra large?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Typical.

Them boogs are sneaky, and all that wood knocking causes blisters

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Tuesday morning about 5AM behind my house about 75 yards or so the coyotes made one hell of a racket. The dog went nuts my wife got pissed and I got up to look. As they were making the racket it sounded like a neighbors alarm went off. It was like a police car was in my back yard. The next day I check the neighbors and no one has an alarm. It lasted about 10 seconds. I've heard many coyotes over the years but never heard one make a sound like that. Anyone else?
I've heard that before at deer camp in Logan county. I was sitting around the campfire about 9 at night. Two packs of coyotes raising cane and dogs far and wide going nuts. Then a noise like you described in between the two packs of coyotes, but only 2 or 3 seconds long. Everything went silent afterwards and stayed quiet for a while.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've heard that before at deer camp in Logan county. I was sitting around the campfire about 9 at night. Two packs of coyotes raising cane and dogs far and wide going nuts. Then a noise like you described in between the two packs of coyotes, but only 2 or 3 seconds long. Everything went silent afterwards and stayed quiet for a while.
Thanks. I was hoping that among all these hunters someone had heard it. Yes, all the dogs were going nuts all around. I forgot to mention that. Any speculation as whether is was just a coyote? That's my guess, just never heard one make that sound.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Hmmm. I live in a 'subdivision', I guess, but 1 to 3 acre lots. Plus, the city limits is our back property line, and woods behind. Lots of deer back there. I've heard coyotes here before, several times, but not really often.

Last night, right at dark, a pack fired off. But it just sounded strange. Not so strange that I put much stock in it, but not normal. I went outside and stood and listened, in the dark, and they were gone. The noise was so close it's possible they heard me come out and took off. But it was not a normal coyote sound.

One thing I DID notice was that every outside dog in 3 miles was barking. Course, SOME of those dogs are whiny lap dogs, and SOME sounded high pitched and whiny. So maybe that's what you heard.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts