Coyote Hunting Primer Part 1 by Murray Burnham

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Dermott, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Dermott

Dermott Well-Known Member

Hey, occasionally someone on this forum will ask for advice on hunting coyotes and I usually suggest they do a Google search as there are lots of articles. I just ran across the first of a 2 part series by Murray of the famous Burnham brothers. Their dad pioneered e-callers.

This guy's advice is better than most: :twothumbs

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/pr...438/10-tips-for-calling-eastern-coyotespart-i

I will post the second part in this same forum when I see it.

FYI,

Steve/"Dermott"

2. iivydriff

iivydriff Well-Known Member

Ive not tried this type of hunting yet, but its about to happen. I found it interesting that he said to setup facing downwind. I would have thought the opposite would be true.

3. Dermott

Dermott Well-Known Member

iivydriff, yes, I agree that facing downwind is not what all experts recommend but I do know Murray has a great track record. Also, an expert coyote hunter in Arkansas, Greg Ballard, call "Open Field Coyotes" in the old Varmint Master magazine (now Predator Xtreme ) where he advocated the same thing. PM me your e-mail address and I will send the article to you. Remember both writers were talking about hunting large open fields not thickets, small openings,etc. which would not be the same.

BTW, are you the guy in Pea Ridge? My 16 year old grandson has 2 basketball games at your high school there tonight.

FYI,

Steve/"Dermott"