Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He fell out of his tree stand Sunday. 10' up. He fell asleep and fell out. No safety harness!!
Landed on his face.
He has a wife and 3 little girls.

3 broken ribs.
broke his collarbone.
left eye messed up.
3 Fractures in his neck.
smashed vertebra in his back.

He will be off work for a little while. He says his Bosses are good and they have his back.
I hope so.

He's a big man 6'6" 230 lbs.

He is up and walking.
Thanks to God.

ALL WAYS WEAR A SAFETY HARNESS!!!!!!

·
Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner
10,433 Posts
Man oh man. I was standing in my climber over the weekend giving my butt a rest and the platform slipped about 6 inches. Take about making your butt pucker up when your 25-30 feet in the air. I did have my harness though.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
Wow...He got lucky. Glad he lived to tell about it. I've still got buddies that never wear a harness, and they've all got a family to go home to. I've preached to them about it til I'm blue in the face.

·
Member<br>You Can't Change This Side
533 Posts
I bet that $100 investment in a HSS vest don't seem like too foolish of a purchase now, does it?

Glad he's still alive.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
There is NO WAY I'd hunt out of a loc-on without a harness....Nothing to keep you in your seat if you fall asleep. That's what I like about my Summit Viper. I've snoozed many an hour in it. But I still always wear my HSS.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
That is scary for sure. Glad to hear he is at least ok, though banged up and probably going to have some long term effects from it. I had a tree stand break last year while climbing and I landed on my shoulders and upper back from about 8 feet. I was sore for a week and shaken up pretty bad, but fortunate to not have been higher up when it happened. 10 feet may not seem high, but it is sure enough to hurt a person. I wish your buddy the best and hope for a full recovery.

·
Ultimate Member
32,306 Posts
I am glad that he is ok. Losing someone to something like that would have devistated his family. My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts