Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on buckling down and getting pretty serious with traditional gear after gun season this year. I’ve recently inherited and older Ben Pearson recurve in VERY good condition. What bow mounted quivers do you guys like and what broadheads are y’all shooting?

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
I have used the Selway that has rubber straps that go around the limbs. It does slow your bow a little. Be sure and practice with it if you go that route. 2 blade cut on contact. I sharpened them shaving sharp.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have Selways on both of mine. I shoot 125 Stingers from the 47 pound at my draw and 125Thunderheads from the 63 pound at my draw. Unless I hit the shoulder blade or spine the odds are very low on not getting pass through penetration with either setup.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I use a 2 arrow Skookum but they are no longer made. I have a strap on quiver that is on my older bow. Can't remember the make. I like 2 blade heads. Magnus are 2nd favorite and Ace Express is my favorite. I'm shooting 47# and get 2 holes every time so far.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I like a detachable quiver, to be able to take it off in the stand... with that being said, I do have a slip on longbow quiver that I like. If you get a detachable, make sure to get one that grips the arrow twice, they retain arrows better. The way I drag my gear through the brush, I need all the help I can get keeping up with arrows.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I use a hip quiver. Hunted this year with a longbow my friend built for me. It’s 57” and about 43lbs at my drawlength. I’m using gold tip blemished shafts that have a 75gr insert with a 155gr zwickey cut on contact broadheads. My arrows weigh 550grains. Killed two does with that set up this year. Penetration isn’t a problem.

·
Registered
973 Posts
the gamemaster 2 came with a fuse archery quiver... the absolute best quiver I have ever had... grips the arrows twice, plus a little foam in the broadhead cover. the thing I like best about it is the fact that it is all aluminum, and the mounting is an aluminum dovetail that fits in a matching part mounted on the bow. the quiver also has a loop at the top for hanging on a limb or hook... compact, light and detachable. oh, seems brushproof too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.