Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave him plenty of chances to quit messin up my food plot, and I just ran outta patience....besides I wanted to try out my new to me Marlin .22mag!:biggrin:

·
56,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One shot....one kill!:up: Gotta give a big thanks to artomcaller....he sold me a nearly new Marlin 22 mag...just had a couple scratches...I stripped her down, cleaned her up and put 5 coats of clear, and an old Simmons Deerfield 3x9 scope on and in just a few shots I had her drivin tacks!

·
56,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I broke 20,000 posts and took off down to my ole whiteoak stand....I had it planned to get everything done in order today. Mowed my half acre...then went and put a new canvas top on my pappyinlaws tractor shed[quanset hut I built him several years ago]then mowed James acre....fed my animals, and ran in; took a shower, got ready to go! I just couldn't get past this ole computer, and arflinger and them fellers was goofin around tryin to run the post count up....and I jumped in and cheated:fit:threw three quick posts, and shut her down, cause I had my hog killin hat on! When I got down there and climbed them old rusty railroad spikes up to the top...there was a bigole pile of coon stuff right in the middle of my platform. I lifted the whole mess up and over the side with the toe of my boot, and laid down on my belly for the wait. The sun was still an hour high when two raccons scurried out from their hidin place and headed for the mineral lick. I made up my mind that if I had to stay till after dark...I'd just watch them two coons playin in the mud. Then is when it happened, one little coon suddenly stood up on it's hind legs and looked toward the bottom....I knew it was time, and when them two little buggers took off, I got my rifle ready and out he trotted like he owned the place. Not wanting to be down there after dark I put the crosshairs on his ear, and at 50 yards, I squeezed the trigger, and the deed was done! :up: He's all on ice now, I will cut up his back strap and tender loins tomorrow! You squirrel hunters can have at it now...I'm good till the 1st!!:razz:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.