Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
For those prices I can buy 50 lbs. of Pilgrams 22 % protein pellet feed or 12.60 a bag and get more good out of it since corn is only 8 % and is 10.00 a 50.... thats at McDonald feed in Camden.

In El Dorado at Henley feed it is 8.50 / 50 on deer corn and 12.50 / 40 on protein pellets. The 8.50 corn in EL DOrado is definitely a better deal.

something to think about.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
We picked up 3.75 tons of corn today for $6.50 a 50# in Carlisle from a farmer. Last year we bought it from him for $5.00. I won't be running 5 feeders this year, just one for my wife and one for my dad. That and some for the pigs for some early practice.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe someone already said it. But I will say it again.

Good. Maybe some folks will have to learn how to hunt, and read sign.
Well I don't have much of a choice, hunting on the air force base. These deer go to who ever has the biggest corn pile.. I figured that out last year, so I plan on doing what works this year...

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
Well I don't have much of a choice, hunting on the air force base. These deer go to who ever has the biggest corn pile.. I figured that out last year, so I plan on doing what works this year...
Using your skills as a woodsman, just find the trail the deer are taking to the "Biggest corn pile", and kill him before he gets there!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.