Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone or does anyone buy corn,feed,etc. from Clark County Feed
on Rte 7 on the way into Arkadelphia ? I would appreciate any comments
regarding pricing (corn) and the store in general.
Thanks

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
Arkadelphia Livestock Feed on Rte7 into Ark. has corn for 8.50 per 50#.
8.15 per50# by the ton. Reeds in Malvern is the same price.How much at Atwoods ?
I didn't go...I had to take a Vet to LRVA and bought the $8.50 paper sack #50:wink: I will find out though

·
Registered
252 Posts
don't you have to get a bunch to get 11 cents a pound?

I heard about a place in zone 12 that would do around 5 a bag but you had to buy 40 bags. I'm not sure if it was 40 or 50lb bags though.

With my 30lb feeder and our number on the lease we didn't need that much.

In cabot, Woods had 40 lb persimmon flavored for 8.50 or so and 50 lb bag regular for the same price. Wal-Mart was 6.50 or so when I called this past week for a 40 lb bag.

I think I saw where Academy had 40 lb bags for 6.99 or so.

Looks like it's about 6.50-9 for a 40lb bag at most places.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
don't you have to get a bunch to get 11 cents a pound?

I heard about a place in zone 12 that would do around 5 a bag but you had to buy 40 bags. I'm not sure if it was 40 or 50lb bags though.

With my 30lb feeder and our number on the lease we didn't need that much.

In cabot, Woods had 40 lb persimmon flavored for 8.50 or so and 50 lb bag regular for the same price. Wal-Mart was 6.50 or so when I called this past week for a 40 lb bag.

I think I saw where Academy had 40 lb bags for 6.99 or so.

Looks like it's about 6.50-9 for a 40lb bag at most places.
Wal Mart up here is $8 something #40.....Was $4 something last year...go figure !

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't believe you have to buy any certain amount to get the 11 cent/lb. price. They were filling barrels for someone yesterday. They have bulk bags that hold about a thousand pounds. They use to have fifty pounds bags but they had to raise their price to pay for sacking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
walmart pricing

Walmarts do not have to have the same pricing. I talked to a manager in LR
about this last year dealing w/corn. A Walmart just has to match or be lower
than any other store within a 3-5 mile radius. That's why in LR they always match Academy Sports since they're usually thelowest.
This is another reason that theArkadelphia walmart has the reputation for beingso expensive since there's no oneclose they have to beat.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
Walmarts do not have to have the same pricing. I talked to a manager in LR
about this last year dealing w/corn. A Walmart just has to match or be lower
than any other store within a 3-5 mile radius. That's why in LR they always match Academy Sports since they're usually thelowest.
This is another reason that theArkadelphia walmart has the reputation for beingso expensive since there's no oneclose they have to beat.
Except Attwood's:up:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.