Concern on our Move

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by TJKRide, Jun 6, 2020.

1. TJKRide

TJKRide Well-Known Member

AshDown
    We were finally approved by the town to sell my land up north as 2 separate parcels and should be on the move to Arkansas in roughly a month. If the riots and what not are not under control by then, I am truly concerned for the safety of my family and livestock on the trip down. All it takes is one wrong turn to wind up in a bad spot. 2 adults can only do so much to defend a child plus the livestock. We plan on avoiding all major cities and monitoring activity but bad intel has killed many a better men than me. I am truly afraid to fail at defending my son and wife.

I just needed to get it out. The reality that engaging dozens of American citizens (whether it be by bumper or firearm) and the thought of seeing my child drug out a truck window weighs heavy on my mind.

2. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Ravenden
    Turn off the news before you go.....

It works for everyone else....

Ange, deer14, jackie53 and 8 others like this.

3. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That did make me laugh when I read it I have to admit. TJK I drive almost 700 miles to work through a couple of major cities and about 200 miles every day at work. If it wasn’t for the media of this website I wouldn’t even know riots were happening. Of course you know though always be prepared. I think long as you take the main interstates you’ll be fine.

4. gundogs

gundogs Well-Known Member

I wouldn't much want to spend time in or around a large population center, but that has less to do with riots and more to do with me being disgusted with most people.

I would assume that if you avoid the cities where the welfare classes congregate you'll be fine.

d2, gsb77, R6mm and 2 others like this.
  5. jackiereed

jackiereed Well-Known Member

Hazen
    I'd be more concerned about why in the hell I was living where the "town" told me how to sell my land.

6. mr4pt

mr4pt Well-Known Member

SWA
    If you’re pulling a livestock trailer you probably have a vehicle large enough to make it thru any human debris.
    Pack a weapon and come on down.

deer14, Mr. Rusty and cmf88 like this.
  7. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

High capacity mags

8. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I’ve been in LR for 3 days shooting a state match. Life is normal out west. We avoided downtown and you’d never know anything is going on.

Funny, we go eat and wear a mask in to the restaurant. Once seated masks come off for the rest of the time. Half the staff every place em we’ve eaten have their masks only covering their mouths. Some have the fingers cut out of their gloves. It’s a freaking joke.

schaps72, deer14, brushcreek and 13 others like this.
  9. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I’m running 37 round Glock 9mm mags in my rifle. And I have about 10 of them with me. :D

deer14, jackie53, Mr. Rusty and 2 others like this.
  10. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

You shooting at CASA?

11. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
  12. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Do you feel scared when you go out in public?

R6mm likes this.
  13. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Nope. :D

gsb77, cmf88, Hogbreath and 1 other person like this.
  14. TJKRide

AshDown
    That made me laugh too, worse part is I only watch the youtube for news and it fores me up.

Thats one of the many reasons Im dropping 200 plus years of family history and leaving the rectal hole of New England.

15. TJKRide

AshDown
    Im glad to hear its all normal out there. Im running a G17 with 4, 24 rounders for back up. I get Mr.C's load out and applaud it. I figure the Ford should make it through any reasonable mass at the proper speed.

brushcreek likes this.
  16. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    Hit any of the worrisome urban areas early in the morning if you can....
    Those looter\protestor types tend to sleep late...

deer14, brushcreek, ArkGirl and 6 others like this.
  17. TURKYKILER

TURKYKILER Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much. Just be careful as you already would have anyway. And Welcome to the South!

TJKRide likes this.
  18. sam

sam Grand Member

I'm going through Minneapolis/St Paul the end of next week on the way to Lake Vermilion in northern Minnesota. There is no good way around the twin cities without adding lots of miles and time to the trip. Was not looking forward to two trucks, with Arkansas tags and pulling bass boats, busting through the middle Minneapolis on I-35W. As of 2016 Minnesota no longer recognizes Arkansas CCL. So to be legal before crossing in from Iowa firearms have to unloaded and cased. I talked to a good friend up there today and he said if we come through in daylight, preferably early in the morning, and take the 494/694 loop around the east side of St Paul we will be fine. Figure on hitting the cities about 6 o'clock Saturday morning.
    Not like moving with family and stock, good luck to you!!

brushcreek, jackie53, R6mm and 2 others like this.
  19. TJKRide

AshDown
    If this isn't quelled or put down by middle July I think we will have alot worse problems than a bothersome trip.

deer14, R6mm, cmf88 and 2 others like this.
  20. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

I drive a truck for a living . As others have said, if it weren’t for the news, I wouldn’t know there were riots. Use common sense, and you’ll be fine.

Polywog and TJKRide like this.