Comparing Feist

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by outdoorartist, Dec 21, 2010.

1. outdoorartist

outdoorartist Well-Known Member

I am just curious to see how my feist is doing compared to what others have seen or have. I am trying to get her going on tree rats. She is 5 months old and is just now starting to venture out away from me in short bursts of about 50-60 yards or so at a time. If you watched her you would think she knew what she is doing because she always has her head down smelling hard! She has reared up on a few trees but its short lived with no barks or continued interest. I know shes still a lil young but I would like to get any input or advice that I could get because the time is fast approaching! I usually take her walking behind the house 2-3 times a week and play with her with tails and such whenever I can get my hands on one.:thumb::flag:

2. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

keep taking her to the woods. keep showing her squirrels. if she has got it in her you will get it out. and she's only five month's old. still a puppy inside and out head to tail.

3. SHOT

SHOT Well-Known Member

Get you a good pair of boots. Wear them out. If she ain't a squirrel dog by then she probably never will be. Good luck...

4. T-man

T-man Well-Known Member

your doing the right thing by keeping it in the woods. if she's keeping her nose to the ground and checking trees, she's on the right track. just keep doing what you've been doing and she will get it sooner or later. shot is right, it takes alot of boot leather.