Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been comparing map coordinates of Google Earth and the Magellan 500 GPS. The GPS coordinates were taken on the ground at the actual location of my deer stands. When I locate the exact spot (estimate) on Google earth I compare the coordinates and the accuracy is pretty good.

I believe I could select a coordinate from the Google Earth program, enter it into the GPS unit and get real close in the dark.

All I need to do in the dark is watch out for the stump holes. :smack:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I got on my computor and looked up sattelite image of our lake. Clicked on a stump that showed as water level is down in the picture. Punched in my Gps and went right to it.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I actually was looking on google earth an put the pointer on the mouth of a creek were I was wanting to go.I pushed the mark putton went to the coordinates and changed them to the coordinates of the mouth and it took me right to it I was very impressed.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I use the "USA Photomaps" program to log all my "points" on my GPS. It is extremely accurate and has a down-loadable thingy that I am not smart enough to use.:cool:

It is free and has both "photo" and "topographic" features.

www.jdmcox.com

Click of the "Full Install" and play with it...think you will like it.:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts