Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some good ones on camera showing up in daylight. Eve has started shooting her new rifle and getting ready. It's been hot but it looks like next week is going to be nice. I'm going to get her shooting out to 400 yards next week. So far she's only shot at 100 yards but the groups are good. Her new rifle is a Bergara premier ridgeback in 6.5 creedmoor. I know it's not her grandpa's 30-30 but if she can put a big one down I couldn't care less. I'll post some pics as she shoots longer distance.

·
Registered
14,436 Posts
Dayum!!!

My oldest got to go deer hunting when he was 9. He's stout, and he follows instruction well. He could shoot very well at that age. My younger son just turned 9, and wants to deer hunt this year. We went to the range last weekend, and I had to have a hard conversation with him about needing to see some improvement before he's shooting at deer.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dayum!!!

My oldest got to go deer hunting when he was 9. He's stout, and he follows instruction well. He could shoot very well at that age. My younger son just turned 9, and wants to deer hunt this year. We went to the range last weekend, and I had to have a hard conversation with him about needing to see some improvement before he's shooting at deer.
I understand. Eve started shooting a .22 and .223 when she was 5 and hunting at 7. It took some time and me being pretty hard on her to get her to squeeze the trigger. Occasionally I will give her an empty "loaded gun" just to make sure she isn't jerking the trigger. The best thing that happened was she snatched the trigger and missed a doe and learned a valuable lesson. If you ask her right now what a quick trigger pull will get you she will say a quick miss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts