Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FB and myself will have room for another person on a rabbit hunt this fri.(feb 8). We'll be hunting somewhere around searcy. PM me if you'd like to go.

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
Man I would love to go, but I've got to work Friday morning, and then I'm taking off at noon for an appointment. Maybe some other time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Would love to go with you guys sometime. Have never been on a rabbit hunt before sounds like alot of fun. Have to do some work for the fil tommorrow though, maybe i can catch yall sometime.

·
Administrator
73,264 Posts
Beings that I stays in Cabot about half the time now, I might just try to hook up with you and FB some time. :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
I kinda messed this one up a little bit.

I had to work alot later than normal then when I got in my father in law had a busted water line that I had to fix.

By the time we got to the woods its was right at noon. We still had a pretty good hunt though. We ran probably 7 or 8 rabbits and killed 5.

We're down to the last few weeks of the season and I plan to go pretty much every chance I get till its over.

I can go on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, and Sundays.

My next trip is probably gonna be Monday morning. After that Ill probably go Wednesday morning.

Most days we are back sometime around 1 or 2.

If anyone wants to go let me know. We've pretty much always got room for one or two more (as long as theyve got common sense :cool: :biggrin: ).

I dont want to sound like an :censored: but Ive got alot of time and money invested in my dogs and I dont want to see anybody get hurt so there are a few ground rules that need to be followed:

The main thing is to be safe.

Its just a rabbit. If he's anywhere near the dogs or another hunter let him go and get him the next circle.

Wear a hunter orange hat or vest.

Its all about the dog work with me so we dont shoot rabbits on the jump. Let the dogs be on it hot and heavy before you shoot. They arent gun shy and I dont want anyone getting them that way by shooting when they arent running a rabbit, shooting over the top of em, straight at em, etc.

Thats pretty much it except for bringing me a sandwich or snack of some kind. :razz: :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
Alot of it depends on where we're going but usually I try to leave Cabot between 6 or 7 which means we usually start hunting by 7 or 8.

I can go a little later though or give directions to where we're gonna be if someone cant go that early.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alot of it depends on where we're going but usually I try to leave Cabot between 6 or 7 which means we usually start hunting by 7 or 8.

I can go a little later though or give directions to where we're gonna be if someone cant go that early.
so you guys ended up with three more! Where did those come from? I'll bet if I'd have listened they were probably running before I made it to the truck! I'll call you next week about where for Fri.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I can go as early as needed parents live in searcy so i can always drive down the night before and get up early if i need to. What guns do yall usually carry.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can go as early as needed parents live in searcy so i can always drive down the night before and get up early if i need to. What guns do yall usually carry.
Most of us carry 12 guage. I know a few guys who carry 410's. When hunting the National Wildlife Refuges you have to use steel shot so it's easier to either use your old duck load #4's or buy some low brass steel. I also see quite afew 20 guage shells while hunting. I say whatever you feel comfortable with is what you should use.:wink:

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
Searcy is where I usually meet odocoi so that wouldnt be a problem at all.

Most of us use a 12 guage but dont forget about the steel shot if we go to the refuge. All I ever use is low brass 7's or 7 1/2's but some do use duck loads they had left over. Some of the rabbits killed with those things make cleaning em a little harder though. :smack:

Youre more than welcome to go with us. Our biggest problem is usually having enough shooters to cover the area.

We killed the other rabbits near the cell tower but thats all Ive got to say about that on the forum. :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
This Friday aint lookin' too good for me right now.

I bought a pup from a guy in Jackson, Tn. that will be ready this weekend.

My wife and I are kicking around the idea of going to "the Memphis area" on Friday and spending the night, then going to Jackson on Saturday. If we do that I wont be able to go till Sunday.

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
The Friday trip isnt ruled out completely just yet but Im definitely going Wednesday if anyone is interested.

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
As of right now we're still going.

Send me a PM and Ill let you know the time, where to meet, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts