Comanche Moon

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by F B, Jan 18, 2008.

1. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Did you watch it?

How do you compare it to Lonesome Dove?

I watched all three episodes and thought it was pretty good but not nearly on par with Lonesome Dove.

2. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 Well-Known Member

I watched it, thought the guy who played Augustas did a Great Job.
    I hated the ending, too sad. I wish they would have ended it with them going into Lonesome Dove.:thumb:

3. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

What I saw was pretty good, but I really couldn't get into it, cause I missed the first episode, so i was kinda behind!! Oh well, they will re-run it!!!!!

4. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good. Both of the guys tha played gus and woodrow were good specially gus. I didn't like the ending very much though, kind of agree with redcloud it would have been better if they would have ended in Lonsome Dove.

5. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

What I got to see I enjoyed it.

6. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I saw a pretty good piece of it and thought it was alright. It was advertised as the final saga to the Lonesome Dove series but as open as the left the ending I won't be surprised if there's a final saga to the final saga.

7. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

I watched it all... I thought it was a pretty good saga,I thought the ending was Poor left you hanging with the kid.... I didnt see LD so I cant compare...

My Favorite character was the Kickapoo Indian.... :thumb:

8. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

never heard of it:smack:

9. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Comanche Moon was the prequel to Lonesome Dove, one of the greatest Westerns ever made imo.

I didnt think the ending was all that great either but if you saw Lonesome Dove you know that Newt (the kid) turned out alright.

10. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Will have to check that out, lonesome dove was a pretty good show.

I have a lot of interest in it cause the black dude in lonesome dove was my great great great grandpa.

11. D33RHUNT3R

Ok that means if I watch LD now I'll have it in the right order :biggrin:

12. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

To see it all you have to watch:

Lonesome Dove

Streets of Laredo

Dead Man's Walk

13. D33RHUNT3R

Commache Moon, LD, St of laredo then Dead mans walk ... are these avaliable at the movie rental places ??? is this the right order of the Whole series :confused:

14. LazyJ

LazyJ Well-Known Member

Dead Man's Walk - Ranger's fighting Mexicans
    Comanche Moon - Ranger's fighting Indians
    Lonesome Dove - Ranger's without a cause, Gus dies
    Lonesome Dove(The Outlaw Years) - Newt dies
    Streets of Laredo - Capt Call suffers thru a lonely old age as a bounty hunter and dies

In this order, all except Comanche Moon are on DVD

15. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    I never knew about all the others. I thought it was just CM and LD. :smack:

16. D33RHUNT3R

same here :biggrin:

17. Billy Joe

Billy Joe Well-Known Member

I thought it was o.k. but not in the same catagory with lonesome dove. the show changed my perception on captain woodrow call. I didnt care for him after watching commanche moon. he was a dead- beat dad in my opinion. but I liked gus.

18. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

I read the whole series after Lonesome Dove was on TV. McMurtry is one of my favorite authors. The books are better than the movies. If you think about it, Call's lady friend, Newt's mother, was a prostitute and he wasn't sure who the daddy was. No DNA tests back in the day.