Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you watch it?

How do you compare it to Lonesome Dove?

I watched all three episodes and thought it was pretty good but not nearly on par with Lonesome Dove.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I watched it, thought the guy who played Augustas did a Great Job.
I hated the ending, too sad. I wish they would have ended it with them going into Lonesome Dove.:thumb:

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
What I saw was pretty good, but I really couldn't get into it, cause I missed the first episode, so i was kinda behind!! Oh well, they will re-run it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Both of the guys tha played gus and woodrow were good specially gus. I didn't like the ending very much though, kind of agree with redcloud it would have been better if they would have ended in Lonsome Dove.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I saw a pretty good piece of it and thought it was alright. It was advertised as the final saga to the Lonesome Dove series but as open as the left the ending I won't be surprised if there's a final saga to the final saga.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I watched it all... I thought it was a pretty good saga,I thought the ending was Poor left you hanging with the kid.... I didnt see LD so I cant compare...

My Favorite character was the Kickapoo Indian.... :thumb:

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comanche Moon was the prequel to Lonesome Dove, one of the greatest Westerns ever made imo.

I didnt think the ending was all that great either but if you saw Lonesome Dove you know that Newt (the kid) turned out alright.

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
Comanche Moon was the prequel to Lonesome Dove, one of the greatest Westerns ever made imo.

I didnt think the ending was all that great either but if you saw Lonesome Dove you know that Newt (the kid) turned out alright.
Will have to check that out, lonesome dove was a pretty good show.

I have a lot of interest in it cause the black dude in lonesome dove was my great great great grandpa.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts

Ok that means if I watch LD now I'll have it in the right order :biggrin:

·
Grand Member
9,792 Posts
To see it all you have to watch:

Lonesome Dove

Streets of Laredo

Dead Man's Walk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dead Man's Walk - Ranger's fighting Mexicans
Comanche Moon - Ranger's fighting Indians
Lonesome Dove - Ranger's without a cause, Gus dies
Lonesome Dove(The Outlaw Years) - Newt dies
Streets of Laredo - Capt Call suffers thru a lonely old age as a bounty hunter and dies

In this order, all except Comanche Moon are on DVD

·
Administrator
40,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never knew about all the others. I thought it was just CM and LD. :smack:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I thought it was o.k. but not in the same catagory with lonesome dove. the show changed my perception on captain woodrow call. I didnt care for him after watching commanche moon. he was a dead- beat dad in my opinion. but I liked gus.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I read the whole series after Lonesome Dove was on TV. McMurtry is one of my favorite authors. The books are better than the movies. If you think about it, Call's lady friend, Newt's mother, was a prostitute and he wasn't sure who the daddy was. No DNA tests back in the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts