Colt Sporter Competition HBAR .223 ar-15 (never fired)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by BigRon501, Dec 17, 2012.

1. BigRon501

BigRon501 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

For $1550 I'll let this gun go. Must be a Concealed Carry Permit holder (so i know you've passed a background check and are not a felon). This gun has no attachments other than what came on the gun. I believe the barrel is a 1:9 twist. I can find out for serious buyers.

The gun has truly never been fired. It has not been used, so it is not dinged up, scratched, or anything. I will include two magazines with some ammo with the gun. A gun dealer in MO looked at the gun about a month ago, looked it up in his dealer book, and told me retail with the carrying handle and the box (neither of which i have) would give the gun a value of $1875. He said $1550 would be a fair price to someone. I am not interested in trades. I do not NEED to sell the gun, so please, only serious offers.

PM if you are seriously interested.

2. BigRon501

forgot to say.... I'm in Bryant. Would have to meet me in front of the Bryant or Benton Police Dept. for any sale. Need a cashier's check as well.

3. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member

not being rude, but what is your reasoning with all the red tape on this sale? just curious.

4. BigRon501

Concealed Carry Requirement: just too much liability involved if i sell it to someone and the gun is later used in some unfortunate accident.

meeting at Police Dept: Don't want to get robbed for my gun

Cashier's check or cash: Don't want to get ripped off

I will also have the buyer sign a "Bill of Sale" saying what was purchased, the amount, the date, and the buyer and seller's names. It is all about protecting myself from any type of fraud or liability.

5. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member

6. BigRon501

no prob :up:

7. BigRon501

after reading the posts in the "Deer Hunting Section" on .223 hunting... I believe I'll just hang onto the gun and put a scope on it for my wife and son to use.

Sorry for the brief advertisement...

Mods: Please delete or mark as not for sale if you don't mind

Thanks,
    Aaron

8. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Just a footnote, while meeting at the PD for a sale is perfectly acceptable, please let someone there know what's going on before just whipping it out in the parking lot.

9. BigRon501

yessir! I thought about that too. Especially these days... Thanks for the tip HFH! :thumb:

10. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

getting robbed for your gun would suck, but gunned down by bentons finest would suck worse! they can get excited