Arkansas Hunting banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Aw man, I really appreciate that. Are you sure that won’t set you back too much? Might need to work a trade so your not hurt on this deal
Back in the day it wasn’t uncommon to see a 32 caliber revolver on the line at bullseye competition. The middle stage of a 2700pt match required shooting a center fire handgun, the 38 was most folks choice but a few opted to use a 32 because it recoiled less making it easier to shoot.
I would love to come across one, they would be great for cast bullet shooting.

David

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
After further research this gun has been what they call “King Modified” by late gunsmithing legend Dean King.
The sight rail, hammer and trigger shoe are all King custom. What I can’t find out is if this helps or hurts the value. They guys on the Colt forum are slow to reply.
She cleaned up nicely tho

Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

·
Registered
204 Posts
In regards to cleaning it, wipe it down heavy with some Break Free for a day or so and let it set. Be patient. Get a soft piece of brass (and I do mean soft - don't grab a piece of steel or anything like that) and gently rub the rust spots. In my experience, the soft brass will take off the surface rust but it will leave the blueing and regular metal alone. Try it in a couple inconspicuous spots to start with if you are unsure about it.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
After further research this gun has been what they call “King Modified” by late gunsmithing legend Dean King.
The sight rail, hammer and trigger shoe are all King custom. What I can’t find out is if this helps or hurts the value. They guys on the Colt forum are slow to reply.
She cleaned up nicely tho

View attachment 338370
There is no way that the rail hurts the value----I did notice the Triger was wider and looked like it would be a lot better this way.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts