Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Wood Tints and shades Automotive exterior Electric blue Metal

I’ve come across this revolver. The only markings on the barrel says Colt Officers Model 32 Heavy Barrel.
The sight rail is stamped Colt-King Super Target
The serial # inside the cylinder housing is 640946

A simple google search is very confusing as most everything comes up 38 special. A serial number search provides 3 different results.

What exactly do I have?

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Grip looks like something special for a lefty as it looks like it would be terribly uncomfortable for right hand hold.
Caliber? I do not know. Looks like the King Target was a company that made those full length barrel rib sites and must have partnered with Colt. There are S&W revolvers out there with King sights as well.

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grip looks like something special for a lefty as it looks like it would be terribly uncomfortable for right hand hold.
Caliber? I do not know. Looks like the King Target was a company that made those full length barrel rib sites and must have partnered with Colt. There are S&W revolvers out there with King sights as well.
It’s really not at all uncomfortable to hold right handed as your hand fits comfortably under the thumb rest

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
It’s really not at all uncomfortable to hold right handed as your hand fits comfortably under the thumb rest
Pretty neat find regardless. I’ve never owned a Colt but sure wish I’d bought that Diamondback in .22lr just over 10 years ago.

Not sure on value detraction. All looks like it could be period correct and might be really appealing to some collector looking for those variants.

·
Registered
15,962 Posts
Thanks

I wonder if the custom grips and sight rail decrease the value?
They probably will... Nice grips, but made specific for a left handed shooter.
Shouldn't be too hard to locate original style factory grips.
Custom stuff is usually high dollar and nice for the original owner... It seldom transfers its original value.
Nice gun!
I am sure the original owner won some cash on shooting bets in his day...

·
Registered
921 Posts
I’ve got the info I was needing, thanks guys. I was able to find a colt forum to verify it is what it is.

First colt I’ve ever found. You sure can tell a difference in feel between a colt and a cheaper pistol
Well now I am curious. What caliber is it? Is it one of the special runs that were mistakenly ordered in .32 instead of .38?

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
I’ve got the info I was needing, thanks guys. I was able to find a colt forum to verify it is what it is.

First colt I’ve ever found. You sure can tell a difference in feel between a colt and a cheaper pistol
I’ve held a few Colts and own a few S&W’s. Still got the one I got from you. You can tell the quality if you pick up another revolver of less.

I don’t think you’ll have any issue and knowing you with the $10 you got in it you’ll make a profit. Heck, I’ll give you a $100 and then I can worry with it. 😁

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They probably will... Nice grips, but made specific for a left handed shooter.
Shouldn't be too hard to locate original style factory grips.
Custom stuff is usually high dollar and nice for the original owner... It seldom transfers its original value.
Nice gun!
I am sure the original owner won some cash on shooting bets in his day...
Original owner passed away last year. 80 year old man that stored his stuff in a climate controlled facility. The wife knew about the unit but had no idea what was in there and continued to pay on it for about a year then got tired of paying for his “junk” and told the facility to just sell it.

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’ve held a few Colts and own a few S&W’s. Still got the one I got from you. You can tell the quality if you pick up another revolver of less.

I don’t think you’ll have any issue and knowing you with the $10 you got in it you’ll make a profit. Heck, I’ll give you a $100 and then I can worry with it.

Aw man, I really appreciate that. Are you sure that won’t set you back too much? Might need to work a trade so your not hurt on this deal

1 - 20 of 54 Posts