Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to plan a trip with father for next fall. Would like to do a guided rifle hunt in first season. Any recommendations? Preferably an area that you can draw without alot of preference points

·
Registered
360 Posts
You will need points to get First Season probably, although there might not be enough gas money to go around by next year. Around Pagosa I would use Crazyhorse Outfitters. The third season is call the Migratory Hunt as the elk come out of the mountain and head to the Chama area for the winter, good odds for a Bull and you should be able to get an OTC tag.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trying to plan a trip with father for next fall. Would like to do a guided rifle hunt in first season. Any recommendations? Preferably an area that you can draw without alot of preference points
J bar H is great, I’ve used her several times. Public ground fair chase. She (Jeanie) has a 30 year history, everything that you need. Just be in shape, good shape or it will be your worst nightmare.
She’s in Unit 12, and her guides are really good as long as you are in great shape. Horses are good and she will pair you with one that’s matches your experience. I killed several with her.
I always put in for a cow tag as well, she will help you with ANY questions regarding tags, biggest thing is you won’t get the Rut (1st season) unless you pay big money for private land voucher, I prefer the 3rd rifle and just pray for snow to bring them down to at least 10,000ft. She is very well known(sits on the Colorado Guide Board) runs a terrific camp. Up at 4, on your horse at 4:30 and come back after dark, you will cover some ground. You will love it especially with your daddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts