Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Triple Threat, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

I'll try that next time then. I've been having it done every three years since I turned 40.
  2. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

I was given a prescription for Prepopik for the "cleanout." It really wasn't bad at all, as far as having to drink it. It did it's job and I'm glad it wasn't the chalk dust junk! Best I remember, took a dose of it, then follow up with some clear liquids until the next dose. Not bad at all.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Well-Known Member

NE ark
    Guy's I have to do it real often,your Dr. can give you a script for pills that will do same thing. and much better than the drink.
    BIG JIM likes this.
  4. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

I use to laugh at the day of being an old man and always talking about my ailments. Mr Travis sang, “old men Sittn’ talkin’ about the weather.”
    Hungry Man likes this.
  5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Had my first at age 66, they found nothing, that was 3 years ago, no problems after I left the hospital! Unless you call being high as a kite for the trip home!
  6. Ghost1

Ghost1 Well-Known Member

I’ve had a few. A bottle of miralax mixed in some Gatorade tastes way better than any of the prescribed stuff. Cleans me out just fine
  7. Luv2hunt

Luv2hunt Well-Known Member

Y’all are making me a little nervous. I’ll be 50 this year. At what age will my sawbones be telling me to do this?
  8. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

I been getting them since 12.
  9. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    That was the age my doc told me to get my first (and only so far) one.
  10. Luv2hunt

Yikes. I almost hit the like button and then thought otherwise.
  11. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Ya not fun
    Luv2hunt likes this.
  12. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Should be this year for you.
    I'm 42 but family history means I'll probably start at 45.
  13. Luv2hunt

Thanks but I’m not going to hit the like button.
  14. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Its no big deal especially once you get on the bed and get gassed!
  15. oldnwahunter

oldnwahunter Well-Known Member

Nothing to it, except they told me to come back in a year. Then I get a letter telling me to come back in 3 months, they found some high grade something in a polyp That was 4 months ago. The nurse told me i needed to pass some gas, that it wouldn't smell. I told her mine never did.
    JB Weld likes this.
  16. marionfd728

marionfd728 Well-Known Member

Had one a couple years ago(46 now) after going and it was just blood!! Turned out to be 4 Ulcers!! My prep was bad like most,yucky stuff for sure but then that BIG GREASEY Wendy's burger sure hit the spot. I don't think my wife has driven that fast home since! Thankfully I do not have to go back for a long time.
  17. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

All this whining from grown men. Just do like I did. Go to Harbor Freight and get a digital inspection camera for $74.99. Do it yourself and save a ton of money. Oh and don't forget to pick up a little lube while there. If you see anything abnormal then you can pay the doctor the big bucks.
    JB Weld likes this.
  18. reflex1

reflex1 Well-Known Member

Well my turn again next mont! Had one a year ago and they found a cancerous growth - operated and took it out - be on the safe side and check annually for awhile I guess!
  19. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

I've always been told to start at 50 but thanks to my family history with stomach and colon cancer I got to start at 40.
    Luv2hunt likes this.
  20. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

As long as it’s not for pleasure it’s ok....