Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cobia turned on suddenly this afternoon near Pensacola. A large fish was caught off the Pensacola Beach Pier this afternoon and several boats saw fish. The word is several boats brought in fish today as well.
I'll be heading down that way tomorrow night. My wife will be staying , but I'll take Karo along to see how well she does in 6 ft seas. If I can hook a good Cobia I'll be in the running to collect some $$ in the senior division of the tournament.
Wish me luck guys , I'll post some pics .

Respectfully submitted,
Bologna Gravy

·
Super Moderator
13,406 Posts
I caught a cobia last summer--but it was in June. ---a 43 pounder (if I remember correctly)! Talk about fun!!! I'm going back June 8th.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Now you boys are talking my language......I lived in Surside Beach, SC for numerous years and then in Virginia Beach for 2 years. I sure do miss my saltwater fishing. We used to have some great Cobia fishing in and around the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in VA Beach. We used to catch them on eels and jigs. Talk about some GREAT eating. Hope you catch some good ones in FL!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishing

Well, We've been chasing cobia for two days now and we dont have much to show but sunburn. We saw several fish today but nothing would eat. Tomorrow we're going to get some larger eels and some big pinfish. Maybe things will go differently.

Wish us luck, we need all the help we can get.

Bologna Gravy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts