Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this not-so-surprising info on CNN this morning:

"Supports extending the assault weapons ban. Supports national law against carrying concealed weapons, with exceptions for retired police and military personnel. Supports limiting gun sales to one per month."

Source:
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html
Notice that none of the current crop of candidates are really "gun friendly", including McCain. :down:

Here's a very thinly veiled speech from Hussien about guns:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/01/25/sot.obama.guns.cnn

If any of you do not have your CCL yet, and are thinking about it, now is the time to get one before it's too late. It could very well be taken away from all of us in the near future anyway, but hopefully we could somehow be "grandfathered" in if we already have one. I know the NRA will fight this with everything they've got, but when the Dems take over there are no guarantees which way things will actually go.

.270Win

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I honestly think that the fight for President is over (we're pretty much screwed either way we go Dem. or Rep.). We really need to concentrate on electing the Senator's and Representative's, they are the ones that will be bringing up new bill's to vote on anyway, not the President.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Well let's see ...........He is not very pro gun. He has a Nutty Racist Radical Preacher that He has found himself defending.

I saw yesterday where He made a comment in a newsconference where He stated that He couldnt disown the preacher and doing so would be like disowning the black community.

Then ,obviously caught without a prepared speech, realized what he had done and rambled on about his "white" grandparents and the genetic makeup of his parent blah blah blah.................

He is a farce and threat to the security of our nation. I pray that my fellow Americans wake up and take our nation back!!!!

From corporate interests,foreign interests, Illegal alien interests and this ......the muslim terrorist interest!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Well let's see ...........He is not very pro gun. He has a Nutty Racist Radical Preacher that He has found himself defending.

I saw yesterday where He made a comment in a newsconference where He stated that He couldnt disown the preacher and doing so would be like disowning the black community.

Then ,obviously caught without a prepared speech, realized what he had done and rambled on about his "white" grandparents and the genetic makeup of his parent blah blah blah.................

He is a farce and threat to the security of our nation. I pray that my fellow Americans wake up and take our nation back!!!!

From corporate interests,foreign interests, Illegal alien interests and this ......the muslim terrorist interest!!!!!!!!!
Me too. :twothumbs

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
JR I tried to be open to the idea of Obama............But I am afraid thats not gonna happen.

He says nothing but "do you want change"..........I am scared of Obamas change!!!!!! cause we don't know what changes He will try and make.......other than unarm us for some reason?:mad:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I wouldn't p-ss on the whole lot of current candidates.... sorry to be so blunt and ugly, but that is my true feelings. McCain will get my vote for one simple reason... the lesser of two evils.

I would hope that the individual states who have actually enacted the whole CCL/CCW issue... would continue to do just as they have. During the last years of the Clintonista Regime, it was individual states that saw the light and enacted legislation for concealed carry.... not the federal government. It seems logical that "states rights" would take the precedent...hmmmmmmmm "states rights" seems like I have heard that phrase in some historical context before. Not quite sure what it pertained too, but maybe; just maybe we need to revisit that concept?

I could live with the "Red States of America" and let the "blues" have the coasts.

Just venting... this whole POTUS issue has me hot enough to spit!!!!

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,655 Posts
I'm having some second thoughts about getting my CCL.

If things go south, why would I want my name on a list of known gun owners.

Seems like an open invitation to come collecting.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having some second thoughts about getting my CCL.

If things go south, why would I want my name on a list of known gun owners.

Seems like an open invitation to come collecting.
Brother, if you've EVER bought a new gun in you life, you're already on "the list". Don't let that stop you from exercising your rights as a free US citizen (for now). :usa:

.270Win

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
What was that movie with will smith???

The one where they watched with satelites............that was scary!!!!

I wonder if they can really do that?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
McCain's supreme court appointments would be entirely different than Hitler's or Ossama's. He may botch an appointment......they WILL botch it. The Supreme Court is probably more important than the legislative or executive branches now on gun rights and who knows, the court may even limit Roe v Wade in the process. JMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts