Arkansas Hunting banner

Cmc ?

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  No!! Here!! 
#1 ·
Do they make a plate you can out on you CMC to raise the motor more?

#14 ·
What about the holes in the boat? Just put bolts in them.
The bottom holes you could silicone and puts bolts back through. The top holes you could either silicone a thin piece of metal over them and then sandwich it on with the CMC or you could put a bunch of silicone on the CMC and hope it sits flat enough that it seals them off. I would silicone a thin piece of metal over them and sandwich it on.

#15 ·
Depending on if u have room at the bottom of cmc now but I would try and remove the cmc and align as high as needed with transom, mark cmc to where existing holes hit and drill cmc and remount.

You can also block one up on the cmc just as you would on transom. Make sure it's bolted as well though.

#17 ·
What about the holes in the boat? Just put bolts in them.
It may cost a little to do this, but it is cleaner than patching holes and will allow you to use the existing holes you've already drilled into your transom. Take your CMC to an aluminum fabricator and have him weld you a 2 to 3-inch extension to the bottom of the CMC. You can then raise it up to the height you need on the transom and use the existing holes. I had to do this to mine when my dealer installed it incorrectly and it has worked just fine. Cost me roughly $75 to get the welding done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.