Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking on buying a climbing stand, but I'm not sure which ones are going to be worth my money. I'm looking for one that's easy to use and preferably comfortable. Please gimme some suggestions. Thanks :head:

·
Registered
15,793 Posts
Ive always used API, and they are excellent. If I was going to buy a new one I think I would go with Summit.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Hands down.........Summit Viper SS. I picked one up a few days ago.Its the lightest,most comfortable climber I've ever owned.

·
Registered
282 Posts
IMO weight and comfort are the only two things that matter. If you can't carry it all day or sit in it all day, find another one. I've got an old school API without a backrest I've hunted out of for 4 years. Love it

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Ive always used API, and they are excellent. If I was going to buy a new one I think I would go with Summit.
Just made the switch from api to a summit viper..... love the summit , it is like sittin in the lazyboy

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have three right now. A API Grand Slam, API Predator and a Tree lounge.
They each have a purpose.
The Grand Slam is super mobile and great for quick set ups and the other two are for comfort.
The TL is a pain but by far the most comfortable.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
About 4 years ago I bought a used SUMMIT VIPER, the older one. My first time using it I had a problem with it sticking together and with the cables being difficult to set. I contacted SUMMIT to see what could be done about the problem. I was hoping for a cheap parts list to fix it. The nice lady at SUMMIT asked for my address and they would do their best to make it right.

3 days later a brand new SUMMIT VIPER came to my door as well as a new harness and the newer climbing stirups and a return slip for fedex.

My SUMMIT VIPER is very comfortable, light and easy to carry.

I'm not saying SUMMIT is the best stand out there, but they are good and the service is what we would hope all companies would give.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
i have only used a few climbers before i bought my summit. the first yr i slept most of the season and when i wasnt hunting it i had 4 buddies begging to borrow it.

they all have them now

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I've got a Summit Viper and a bad back. I also have a treelounge. If you are looking for a light weight, easy to setup and climp stand that is very safe, and very cumfortable, I can personally vouch for the Summit Viper. I give it a sleight edge over the treelounge. IMO. It also depends on if you are going to use this stand as a bowhunting stand. I use mine for archery, but it is best suited for rifle or crossbow. I shoot in one position from the sitting position, all other shots require me to stand up, which is no big deal for me. I would probably go with the Summit Razor, which is also a sitdown climber, with a cumfortable Summit seat, and the sitdown climbing portion folds back under the seat for hunting, enabling more sitdown shooting options. My other choice would be the Ol man. It doesn't have as cumfortable of a seat as the Summit, but looks to be a very bowhunter/shooter friendly climber.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Hey biggun, I didn't even noticed that was you. When you get off your cane I'll bring my Viper over and let you try it out. If it doesn't fit you well you should go with the Goliath or Titan.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
I've got a Summit Viper and a bad back. I also have a treelounge. If you are looking for a light weight, easy to setup and climp stand that is very safe, and very cumfortable, I can personally vouch for the Summit Viper. I give it a sleight edge over the treelounge. IMO. It also depends on if you are going to use this stand as a bowhunting stand. I use mine for archery, but it is best suited for rifle or crossbow. I shoot in one position from the sitting position, all other shots require me to stand up, which is no big deal for me. I would probably go with the Summit Razor, which is also a sitdown climber, with a cumfortable Summit seat, and the sitdown climbing portion folds back under the seat for hunting, enabling more sitdown shooting options. My other choice would be the Ol man. It doesn't have as cumfortable of a seat as the Summit, but looks to be a very bowhunter/shooter friendly climber.
If you will put your straps under the bar and attach the left to the right on front and back rather than the way it's designed then you'll sit up high on the stand and you'll be able to have the bottom of the stand higher. This makes it a lot easier to turn on the seat without making noise. Worked very well for me when bow hunting this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts