Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know how many folks know about this climbing stand but it's by far the best I have hunted from - https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

Click on 'equalizer video' and check it out. it's SO simple and quiet to use and the fact that you can level it as you climb makes it worth the price.
I'm one of those that gets a little weak in the knees when I get more than jumpin distance off the ground but I feel pretty comfortable hunting in this stand.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Define affordable. How much are you looking to spend? How portable does it need to be? A climber is one thing that you really get what you pay for.
X2

Reggie learned his lesson on this one! Save a little more money and buy a stand you're completely happy with. Reggie would rather hunt out of his father's ol man pro(aluminum) than his ol man (steel).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Summit Viper. Add a footrest. It's lightweight, comfortable, easy to carry, easy to set up, and you have a great sense of safety/security when on the tree. The stirrups are a godsend. I've tried them all. For all around performance, nothing comes close. Not even the Lone Wolf, in my opinion.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is a special model Realtree Outfitter Summit Viper in the Cabela's catalog that looks like a good deal. I think it comes with an EZ hanger. It didn't look too different from the regular Viper, but was cheaper. I think it's around $230.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.