Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Make that elbow grease with near-boiling hot water and soap. When the barrel gets too hot to hang on to, it's probably ready :biggrin:

If you don't get all the powder residue out, it turns corrosive and will ruin a barrel.

There ain't no substitute for the elbow grease, though!

·
Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a TC endeavor, this is my first ML going to sight it in this week some time. 10-4 on the hot soapy water & elbow grease thanks guys :thumb:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
HSW is the best all-around cleaner out there. I like to finish up with CVA Powder and Plastic Solvent to get any remaining gunk out. When you use HSW though, make sure you dry it well as possible. Water will find any powder residue you didn't and it can get bad if you leave it for very long! I just dry off what I can, wait a couple of minutes (the heat will dry the rest), run a couple of patches with Rem-Oil to displace any remaining moisture, then slather the bore with Bore Butter (the heat melts it into the pores). No more maintenance to do until you shoot again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.