clean bowstring?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Jan 4, 2011.

1. The last two times I have waxed my bow sring I have noticed that the excess wax has been pretty dirty. Is there anyway to clean it or is it just one of those things that you just let slide?

2. totalcomfort

totalcomfort Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner

They do make a cleaner for strings and it works good to get all the old wax and grit out.Scorpion venom is the one I use, it will freak you on the amount of junk that comes out, makes your string look like new again.

3. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

really didnt know this! I wondered that with my past bow! I wax mine just about everytime i shoot it and was wondering why the string slowly built up dirt. hmmmm...

4. LX Shooter

LX Shooter Well-Known Member

Take a small dia string and wrap it once around your srting.Where your holding both ends toward you.Then slowly work it back and forth has you go up and down the string.Keeping tension the whole time.Works like a charm...:thumb:

5. I try and wax my string after everyday I shoot. And Man there was some NASTY wax that came off lastnight when I was waxing it. So I am going to use the string idea until I can order one of the cleaners. Honestly I did not know you could clean them. But that is why I asked. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

6. knighten

knighten Well-Known Member

I really noticed it on my new green&orange string this year.May try that little string idea.thanks

7. My strings are brownn and black. I wonder if the brown has something to do with it? Either way I am trying to purchase some of the string cleaning stuff. Does anyone know where you can find it? Or am I going to have to get the wife to order it off the internet?