Christmas Hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by pronk, Dec 25, 2010.

1. pronk

pronk Well-Known Member

Who else is excited to get out in the woods for the Christmas hunt? I can't hardly wait :woohoo:! I'm going to try a new spot in an oak bottom that feeds into an eroded creek that I think they are using to travel through my land. Whats yalls strategy to get the last bit of meat in the freezer?

Merry Christmas and good luck everyone!

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas

My wife and I are going out tomorrow morning for a couple of hours.

3. 25/06

25/06 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try some Sun and im off tues i think. All I can say is doe beware!

4. Good luck to you all!!! I am defiantly looking forward to sitting in the stand! Merry Christmas to ya!

5. neahunter12

neahunter12 Well-Known Member

x2

6. gregrn43

gregrn43 Well-Known Member

NEA
    The wife and me are hunting all 3 days. Don't feel overly excited after the way this season has went, but we are hunting a new spot in the river bottoms. Gonna be carrying muzzleloaders this week. If were lucky maybe we can both make some smoke.

7. knighten

knighten Well-Known Member

I will be out all 3 days with the ml trying for my triple trophy.I hope to see the buck that was out of bow range last weekend.Good luck to all .

8. BushMan

BushMan Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

xmas hunt

ill b out all three days good luck every one :up:

9. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

i'll be out there... gonna be cold and windy tomorrow, planning on making a few drives through the day

10. ill be out all season i cant wait! merry christmas!

ps- your new setup sounds similar to one im using as well (on private land)

hope it works for the both of us!

11. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Well, I've got my new bow tuned and sighted in so I may have to try it out in the morning. Might as well see if that acorn drop block thingy I hung up a couple weeks ago is doing anything. :biggrin:

12. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Good luck to you guys next three days I have to work. Don't worrie the best Huting is about to start after the gun season the youth season over. Jan/Feb best time to fill the freezer with some doe meat.

13. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to going out today, as this may be the last Christmas hunt I ever get to do. Instead, I got sick last night, and had to skip it. I feel better now, and will get out in the morning.