Christmas Hunt closes out 2010 season. How was ur season this year ?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KemperCamper, Dec 28, 2010.

1. KemperCamper

KemperCamper Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

It's been saidthat all good things have to end. I hate to see another season go by. I love it so much. Here's to a great 2011 season. Hope everyone had a good time and luck this hunting season. Happy New Year. :up: :flag:

2. eathill5

eathill5 Well-Known Member

No complaints from me other than falling just short of the triple this year. Got a doe with my bow and a real nice 8pt with my gun. No luck with the ML. Although I will probably be able to remember is a mishap with my bow that cost me a really nice one, but hey I still got two months right?

3. megabucks

megabucks Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

worst season ever, did kill a 7 pt but that is the biggest one i saw all season.Maybe we can keep gun hunting them for 2 months next year too, Kill them all (except on wma of course).

4. knighten

knighten Well-Known Member

I had the best season ever.I shot a doe with my bow on 10-16.I shot a bb with my shotgun on 11-14 first deer with a shotgun.I shot the biggest buck of my life with my ML on 12-27,a 7 point with a 20 inch spread.I sent off my triple trophy application today.God has been good to me this year.Happy New year to everyone.

5. wbcalkin

wbcalkin Well-Known Member

I had a pretty great year myself killed a doe,buck,and few hogs,so the meat is in the freezer :clap:

6. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

Best season to date. Starting shed hunting tomorow and going to do some scouting.

7. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Not that great of a year kill wise, but I spent more days in the woods this year, than the last 5. My son got his first deer, but I am eating tag soup. I saw more deer on 1 particular property I hunt, though one problem, I only saw 1 that was a legal buck.

8. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

My season pretty much licked. Two slicks is all I have pulled off so far. My bucks are dropping already. I quess I will gave to settle for a few more slicks and call it good.

9. nemhsiri

nemhsiri Well-Known Member

Pretty good season up here:biggrin: Got my first with a bow this year (doe) on 10-16, then got my first buck with a bow on 11-12, and got my grandson his first deer ever on 11-21:clap: I would have liked to have filled my doe tags these last couple days, but they just wouldn't play along. Pulled my card in the camera today, had deer in around the feed at a little after 6 for the past two days... just a little shy of shooting light. Oh well, all in all I can't complain.

10. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Deer 4/me zero

11. arkansasdave

arkansasdave Member<br>2017 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner

It is a sad day! but I did have good luck this season. Got my triple trophy, my third child got her first deer, and took my best bowkill to date in Wisconsin. Ready to do some crappie fishin, and dream about next season!:biggrin:

12. kmc06005

kmc06005 Well-Known Member

Excellent.

Killed 4 deer, 2 bucks, 16 points, and 270 inches of antler!

13. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Mine sucked real bad until the day after Christmas. Up to that point I had only seen one doe. The day after Christmas, a friend invited me to his lease to help work on the doe population. On the morning hunt, I saw only one doe and was getting worried that I would not get a shot. In the evening, it was crazy. I saw 50 deer if I saw one.
    I got anxious and missed three shots and the deer kept coming out. After that I got three one shot kills at ranges from 225 yards to about 275 yards.
    Two does and a button buck.(I thought it was a doe.)

14. could of been better, but could of been worse. 2 deers and one piggy.....so far

15. well folks... i diddnt get the honor of killing a deer this year, but its hard for me to say it was a bad season. First, i diddnt get to spend much time in the field unfortunately. I will say i hardley saw anything and i was a bit frustrated at times, especially when i decided i'd had enough of waiting for a buck that wouldnt come so i told myself i'd kill a doe for management.... well that diddnt happen either.

Anyways, a bad day hunting beats most other days spent not hunting. :rolleyes:

16. I saw more deer today then I have in a while. Couldn't get a shot on any of them. It's not over at all.
    Smoke pole coming out in the morning and then I will break out my bow.
    Hunting is not over by far!
    Plus plenty of beavers to trap and hunt.
    Maybe a little tree rat hunting.
    I love this time of the year and going to spend as much time as I can enjoying it.

17. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

Dang B seems early to be dropping antlers already but this year is flying by fast. Do you ever hunt for shed at your places you hunt?

18. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

Worst season in recent memory! I did get one with my bow, and let the biggest one I've ever seen get past me (my fault), but I just didn't see much this year. Where I hunt there were absolutely no acorns as well as well as some logging and I think it just threw everything out of whack.

I do love this time of year however, and agree that that season is not yet over. I love bow hunting late season b/c everyone else is shooting ducks.

19. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I have real good luck finding them in Kansas. My places here in Arkansas are very difficult to shed hunt. Ive about given up on even trying.

20. I have found a few sheds but not many around here......hard to find with the cover.......not dropping here..
    Talked to the water meter guy earlier this evening and he watched a good buck chase a doe while I was gone two weeks ago.
    Said if He would have had his rifle.........NO!!!!!!!
    The thing was chasing a doe about 150 yards from my camper!!!:smack: