Christmas Day at Bayou Meta, anyone hunting?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Rob, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob Member<br>2008 Photo Contest Winner<br>2008 Bowhun

Cabot
    Who is hunting?

I will be there, anyone else?

2. Ducks and Dogs

Ducks and Dogs Well-Known Member

yep, and so will 50-11 others, bet that, wts, wtp, woof, out. :banghead:

3. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

I heard the water has fallen almost completely out at lower. got that report about 15 minutes ago

4. Ducks and Dogs

Ducks and Dogs Well-Known Member

and its the :censored: truth :down:

what makes it worse is there are 50-11 * 10000000000 idiots still trying to hunt it! :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  5. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

why is the metro like some sort of wild magician science experiment gone wrong? everyone talks about the meto....

6. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

You've been right????? Just go on a Saturday morning and you'll know why.

7. birdman24

birdman24 Well-Known Member

haha agreed! its a mad house because of the build up of being unable to get in there at the start of the season to due no rain. to add on top of that, very few acreage of the thousands of floodable acres are wet at bayou meto therefore while everybody is usually spread out amongst upper, lower, buckingham, long pond, longbell, halowell, tipton, etc. we are all jam packed into one little area!

8. nick83

nick83 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>2014

cabot
    It is falling out for sure! Hope it rains

9. hogfan x

hogfan x Well-Known Member

Long range forecasts are mentioning heavy rain & severe storms for the end of the year. I can do without severe weather. Which this is over a week out, so its anybody's guess

10. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Hmmmm....That's a tough one. Enjoy Christmas morning around the tree with my wife and little girl OR go deal with a bunch of disrespectful chuckle heads just so I can try to treetop a wood duck......Let me think on it for a while. :skeptical:

11. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

I can say with confidence that I will not be within a mile of a boat ramp Christmas morning.

12. I will be hunting, But not at that place! :up:

13. Citybuck

Citybuck Well-Known Member

Heard that too...I'd say there's no need for anyone to go:thumb::thumb:

I'll be warm in my house on Christmas morning, but I shouldered up yesterday down amongst the crowd yesterday.

Crowded or not, I love that green timber hunting! The more the merrier!

Merry Christmas boys!

14. ralin

ralin Well-Known Member

It will be packed with people thinking no one will be hunting!!!!:fit:

15. bubbaduck

bubbaduck Well-Known Member

been there 7 days in a row im stayin home for christmas

16. dwill3211

dwill3211 Well-Known Member

it shouldnt be open. just sayin.

17. kwackwacker809

kwackwacker809 Well-Known Member

18. Clear_Shot

Clear_Shot Well-Known Member

I get a kick out of all the complaining about low water levels in lower, and everyone crying about having to walk to get to a hole.
    Guys, remember, it's duck HUNTING, and in any hunting situation you have to work to get the opportunity to kill ducks. And as for the water level being low in lower, well yes it is, but take a look at the gates at the first control and you'll see they are only about 10 to 14 inches below the top of the gates, so it's not as bad as everyone makes it.
    Actually the water being low is not so bad, it keeps the idiots from racing around from hole to hole during shooting hours and allows the ducks to settle down and act right to the right calling and setups. (and slows people down that try to race thru the cut, especially the ones that don't know where the channel is)

The ducks are in Bayou Meto guys, but it's the real hunters that are killing them everyday. Get out of your boat and scout around and you'll find holes everywhere, duck sign all over the water, and ducks looking to come in if your setups are right.

have a Merry Christmas and a safe new year!

19. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

Went a couple days ago and didn't see near as many ducks flying down there... They are still down there, but not near like they were.

20. CutDown

CutDown Well-Known Member

Clear shot

Says the guy from Jonesboro....

On his 1st post....talkin bout the Chanel in the cut....

Hahahahaha....

Sounds like it's time to head to NE Arkansas boys......ducks must be thick!