Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by coonnutz, Dec 14, 2010.

1. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

When I went to check the mail this evening, I had a couple of christmas cards in it from my friends, and it got me to thinking do y'all send out christmas cards?

Myself I haven't sent out christmas cards in several years, just never really seen much point in it.

I mean I'm going to open them up check to see if anyone sent me money:biggrin: then they will set on top of my faux fireplace till christmas is over, at this point they go into my recycle bin.

2. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

My wife loves them. She thinks of ideas for Christmas cards all year

3. I was thinking about this recently as well. I/we have never sent out Christmas cards. My family growing up didn't. Me and my wife don't.

We get a few of them though in the mail.

They do make me feel loved. :biggrin:

4. Lonnie

Lonnie Well-Known Member

My family sends them out each year. As a matter of fact we sat up last night getting them ready to send out today!!!

For our friends at church they have put up a mailbox just for Christmas cards. You can put them in the box and then they are given to the family from our church they are addressed to and you don't have to spend money for a stamp!!!

5. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

just dont really see much point in it....i can call/text you and say merry christmas no need to spend money for card and stamp

6. My wife has sent out cards in the past, but she's never done it consistently.
    Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably a rare thing....I think she's done it 3 or 4, maybe 5 times in the last 20 years.

7. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

That's me photo cards, matching sweaters the whole nine yards YES!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  8. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I send out DU cards to my friends and family every year. Usually put pics of the kids in there with them and off they go.

My MawMaw has always sent out cards.... she writes lots of letters too... and I guess the habit stuck.

9. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

I don't like getting them, I don't send them. Bah humbug.

10. coonnutz

You must be the grinch:biggrin:

11. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

I send them but not this year. Too much trouble with the hurt hand.

12. coonnutz

How is the hand btw?

13. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

I love Christmas - its the best time of year to see just how greedy, selfish, and unthankful the people you know really are.