Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grand Member
16,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a new rifle this week, a Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5 PRC. Found several boxes of Hornady ELD-X 143gr ammo to go with it. I already had a Vortex Viper 4-16 X44 scope that had been needing a gun for a while. Got it broke in and sighted in the first part of the week and it shot great, cloverleafed most all of the 3 shot groups. Got it dialed in at 1.5” high at 100yds. They got the hay bailed on my big field yesterday, so I set up this morning at 400 and 500 yards to really see what it would do. Shot three groups of 3 at each and gotta say I’ve got a new favorite rifle. Every group at 400yds was at or just under 4” and the 500yds groups were all just under 5”. Trigger is really good and I’ve shot .243’s that kicked harder.
Table Machine gun Air gun Grass Recreation

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Grand Member
16,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and Yes. Never looked at the 6.5 PRC much before, but got to looking at it's specs and it's right in there with the old .264 Win Mag. Never had seen a Christensen Arms rifle, either, and it is a really sweet gun, I'm impressed with both the gun and the cartridge.
I used up 8 preference points for a mule deer tag in Colorado unit 83, for the second rifle season this year. My old Ruger 77, paddle stock, .300 Win Mag just got bumped down to the backup position.

·
Grand Member
16,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, my bad, just read the fine print, "Purchases of Eligible Products made at Sportsmans Warehouse, Scheels, Bass Pro/Cabelas, or Carolina Caliber do not qualify for this Rebate." That's why it was on sale for $950, they've already taken the rebate off. $950 is still a heck of a price, it's still $500 under any price I found for one in stock anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
OK, my bad, just read the fine print, "Purchases of Eligible Products made at Sportsmans Warehouse, Scheels, Bass Pro/Cabelas, or Carolina Caliber do not qualify for this Rebate." That's why it was on sale for $950, they've already taken the rebate off. $950 is still a heck of a price, it's still $500 under any price I found for one in stock anywhere else.
Whew....that was close. I almost had to explain myself again to the lady.

·
Grand Member
16,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Font Line Gas Grass Auto part

Sent the pictures to a friend and he wanted to know what was on the stock, thought some of y’all might have noticed, too. I peeled the sticker off a box of the ammo I’m using and put it on the stock for reference, it still has enough sticky on it to sorta stick, I put a layer of wide packing tape over it. One of the nice things about synthetic stocks, wouldn’t do that to a nice piece of wood.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts