• Improved Cylinder

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I like a full....Works well when a everyone is out of shells and a duck is getting out of the hole.

I personally think the best duck hunting group is a deverse group.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I carry all my chokes with me most of the time I shoot mod. But it just deoends on what the birds are doin. I hunt timber most of the time so mod works well. If I go to one of those pits :smack:I take them all becouse there aint no telling what birds are goin to do.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,644 Posts
I didn't vote because it depends on they type of shot. Steel, Bismuth, Tungsten, etc. all shoot somewhat differently in different chokes.

But as I am pretty cheap and generally shoot cheap steel shot, I use an IC or Modified most of the time.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I have found that it definitely depends on what I'm shooting when it comes to determining which choke to use. I found out last year that Blackclouds shoot best out of both my Browing and Remington when using an IC. When I can afford to shoot Wingmaster HDs, I switch over to my Modified. When I first started shooting the Blackclouds, I went through almost a half of a box and cussed them before I decided to give them a whirl with my IC. Once I changed to that choke, it was like flipping a switch. They then gained my respect! I heard they are going to make them in a #4 shot this year. Boy won't that be nice! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.