Votes: 2 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 20 66.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type chokes do you like best for ducks? I had Primos Dead Zone decoy and pass for my 870. I may do something different with my Xtrema.I'm looking at Kick's High Flyer, Briley, and Primos. I need some input.Thanks.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Hunt flooded timber. Back in the day my Browning Sweet 16 with a modified tube was perfect. But that was in the days of flying lead and when the nazi's made us switch to steel I found a resting place for the Browning and went with 870 wingmaster 16ga. I've found that if you take a full choke tube and ease the cone some you can make steel work...to about the effective killing range of a hand full of rocks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
patternmaster with a Nova. Originally just used one of the factory tubes, but like the patternmaster. Will be buying the BlackCloud tube since "I'm lucky my barrell didn't blow up - patternmaster tech support guy" when I shot the bc through my pm choke. I didn't have any troubles with the pattern on this choke/shell combo, but the safety concerns are apparently real. The PM choke with Kent fasteel is a deadly combo and is what I'll shoot until I get the new tube.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In my 870 I shoot imp/cyl, in the SBE2 I use mod. or imp/cyl, in the Extrema I use imp/cyl. It really depends on the shot size as to what choke I choose.

I miss the days of the 16ga and #6 lead with a modified.

I have not used a full choke since steel came out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since I began reloading fast loads 3 years ago, i have found that the SRM terror tubes to work great. .700 for decoying ducks 20 - 35 yards. .675 for 35 yard+ for late season and field hunting and .655 for geese and turkey hunting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.