Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might Turkey hunt with my 870 again this year but I bought a new Benelli SBEII. I was wondering what combos you have had success with. I know every gun shoots different I just wanted to get started down the right path. Thanks

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I don't personally own a Benelli, but several friends do and the best combination I've seen so sar in them is a Mad choke with heavyshot. Maybe Rocketman will get on here and give some details.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Just yesterday I tryed some winchester supreme's 3.5" #5's. I put over I was really pleased with it. At 40 yards it put 120 pellets in a 10 inch circle and 22 were directly in the 2 inch black dot. I use a browning bps 12ga. with a kicks gobbling thunder choke .670.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I've been shooting a 3" 870 with Winchester Extended #6's and a M.A.D choke, which is also a deadly combination.

However this year I'll be shooting a Browning Silver 3.5" so I have to come up with a good combination for it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a Super Blk E 2 that i got to use last year and it likes a " Pure Gold " choke and just about any thing you put in it... i used 3.5 #5 Fed and had lots of luck with that last season.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
3" Remington Express w/ a choke a bro of mine built about 17 yrs ago.... it's patterned after a Hastings TF. I always used Federal Premium #4's, but I shot a few Remington Nitro Turkey #5's out of it earlier this week and it seems to really like them!

The 5's may not have as much "down range" energy as the 4's did/do, but the pattern was so dense I think/hope the density in the pattern will suffice for any lost energy.

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
I've got a Benelli SBE and it likes the plain ol' 3.5" Supreme #5's out of a Kick's .665 choke. It also does surprisingly well with 3" Federal Premium #4's.
I plan to experiment some with Remington and Federal ammo this spring and possibly try a new choke or two if I can get anyone interested in sharing the expenses with me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.